Random Chit Chat

I'm pretty sure the rear tyres of my last car. (Small fwd compact) were never changed by me, they were on the car when I bought it, and when it was totalled 100,000 miles later.

There's another name for contact lenses that sound like obstacles or testicles. I can't find it with the help of Google.

Edit:
Never mind, I found it. It's spectacles. Weird, Google images show normal glasses for that word. I always thought they were synonyms for contact lenses.

Last edited:
I was in jest iPwn but we can agree on one thing, we can make anything that will last a long ass time but then there's no money in it.

This is why we have planned obsolesce.

I'm pretty sure the rear tyres of my last car. (Small fwd compact) were never changed by me, they were on the car when I bought it, and when it was totalled 100,000 miles later.

My mother had the belt completely separate from one of her tires due to neglect. It damaged the car a bit, but could have been so much worse. Tire maintenance is no joke.

There's another name for contact lenses that sound like obstacles or testicles. I can't find it with the help of Google.

Spectacles.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I was in jest iPwn but we can agree on one thing, we can make anything that will last a long ass time but then there's no money in it.

This is why we have planned obsolesce.

Fortunately, there are still some things which will last almost indefinitely. My Surly bicycle, for example, will outlive me unless I wreck it. Some wear parts do need to be replaced on occasion, but the total yearly cost is absurdly low.

People generally prefer instant gratification over long-term gratification. Marketing is not helping, either.

And the damage to my root drive is clear....

I took out my data drive (gigs upon gigs of evidence and documents) and got all that stuff back.

Next, OS drive

Up pops the file structure for my data drive.... WTF!?!?!?

Doing some testing, this isn't my data drive (EDIT which i obviously knew, just wasn't sure if a process had duplicated them) (as nothing opens and just locks up explorer when I try). So..... all those projects I'd been working on (and things I kept only on my desktop like a fucking moron) are likely gone.

----

And in writing this my explorer crashed and I had to reboot (thanks Chrome for keeping my post intact).

Now that I plug in the OS drive, it shows proper structure.....

and I got my primary stuff off........WHHHEEEWWWW

:bow:

Edit: I'm ready to call it a day....
sometimes-alcohol-is-the-answer.jpg

Last edited:
My mother had the belt completely separate from one of her tires due to neglect. It damaged the car a bit, but could have been so much worse. Tire maintenance is no joke.
my tyres were inspected at least yearly at the vehicle inspection, above minimum tread depth (1.6mm) without cuts, bulges, cracks and with an even wear pattern.

then when you take your car to get any tyre change the tyre place checks the state of other tyres, they won't let you leave with dangerous rubber.

then of course I'd check them as a matter of course when checking pressures.

Back
Top Bottom