Random Chit Chat

Well after all this is a random chat thread...

Celery that is a good deal on those DVD's. I go to my local pawn shop to get my DVD's but I pay a dollar a piece for them. Still that's a great deal.

:dance:

The only physical copies we get are free from the library. We added Rogue One and The Force Awakens when they went on sale from the library. They get movies when they hit the store shelves.
They have lots of games as well.

I have one of the Hoppers from Dish. It copys all the movies I want, I pick up packs of dvds for pennys and copy the ones i want. I use 720 and run 1-3 movies per disc. My 32 inch don't show much video noise so i can get away with it. The bedroom tv is 23 inch and really hard to see video noise even if it was a copy from one of my old vhs. Some of my really OLD movies are from vhs to dvd copys. Bad on the 32 inch but not to bad on the 23. Hard to find these anymore. Way out of dvd or vhs copys you just can't find them. Some of them are from the 30's and 40's. Old si-fi and war and westerns from back when. I have some or most of the lone ranger with tonto series. Like i said, OLD!!! Once in awhile i find one i do have and i copy it to dvd A lot of the movies are B&W so maybe that makes the video noise less noticeable. I must have around 800+ movies on dvd. I do have some in cases but most are in mini cases.

I do the same at the pawn shops Mixx. We're running out of good DVDs to choose from. I gave away tons of my DVDs because I tire of stuff like teen romps and college antic movies.

I like Crime, Drama, SciFi, Westerns and True story as well as some Comedy. I have tons of favorites that never got shown on TV (in my local area but maybe on cable). My collection is worthwhile and I have some that will never get shown on TV due to subject matters.

So far I have 872 DVDs cataloged but I have more like TV shows, Stand-up Comedies and whatever that I don't bother to log.

Back
Top Bottom