Random Chit Chat

Huh... I didn't know plants had brains and a nervous system. You learn something new every day...

LOL. Yeah. >_>

Plants are still living things being consumed for food. Neither they not animals are human.

LOL. Yeah. >_>

Plants are still living things being consumed for food. Neither they not animals are human.
Seriously? I was being sarcastic.

The way I see it, you have to eat something, and for that you have to kill something. Now you can choose to kill things that feel and suffer or you can choose to kill things that don't even know they are alive.

I'm not a vegan, I'm an omnivore, but I'm certainly not proud.

Seriously? I was being sarcastic.

The way I see it, you have to eat something, and for that you have to kill something. Now you can choose to kill things that feel and suffer or you can choose to kill things that don't even know they are alive.

I'm not a vegan, I'm an omnivore, but I'm certainly not proud.

Exactly this.

I do not understand the seemingly religious fervour with which some people react to any criticism of the meat industry. Never did I tell anyone to stop eating meat. I was merely posing a philosophical question, which, frankly, anyone who eats meat should ponder. Your conclusion is ultimately your own and, while we may disagree, I will at least respect the fact that you are acting based upon a fully-conscious opinion.

To actually be proud of killing animals, on the other hand, makes me seriously question one's morality.

Last edited:
I love my brats (bratwurst). I've had beef brats many times but they just aren't as good. No offense, SG, but I am a old Suothern boy at heart and have raised my own pork before. Plus, BACON!

I don't see any possibility of any offense, my friend. To each their own and I respect that ;)

We do have beef bacon here :D

No one can answer that for sure, unless a million tests were conducted first.

I know many sell genetically modified soybeans and I don't think that's healthy at all, although no one knows for sure.

I'm not sure how vegetarian meat is made though...

The issue with soy is most soy today contains something called phytoestrogens, and these phytoestrogens are estrogen mimickers in the body. And so, if you're a male consuming extra estrogen, it's going to give you more feminine characteristics.

If you're a woman consuming foods that increase estrogen levels, it's going to increase your risk of breast cancer, cervical cancer, PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and other hormone imbalance-related disorders.

That's the main issue with most soy products today — avoiding excess estrogen — when you're consuming a general processed soy. It's a big issue.

Another big deal is that 90 percent (!) of soy today is also genetically modified. Genetically modified foods are linked to many health problems because they kill off good bacteria in your gut, known as probiotics benefits, and also damage the working of your digestive system.

Therefore, most soy products today — because of the phytoestrogens and being genetically modified — are terrible for your health.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

"Vegetarian meat" generally refers to textured vegetable protein.

Most vegetarians don't eat it, as there are so many superior food options.

Tofu, on the other hand, is delicious if prepared properly. My local Chinese places offers a General Tso's tofu, which is legitimately better than the chicken variant.

Tofu, being fermented soy, is among the worst things you can eat.

The neutral state, in the context of my philosophy, would merely be an absence of suffering.

While I'm no expert on animal behaviour, what I see here very much appears to be territorial fighting.

Would you choose to eat meat if, in order to do so, you had to experience all the suffering of the animal which you are consuming? This is the point Schopenhauer is attempting to make—that there is an inherent asymmetry in the level of suffering we are willing to inflict in order to attain "pleasure."

Who is to say we don't experience the same suffering as the animal but in a different way? A part of the human experience is suffering. Perhaps the killing of animals raised as a food source is out suffering.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Of course, I just received a delinquent property tax bill. They either failed to send the initial one, or it was lost in the mail. I'm a bit miffed right now, as I have to pay delinquency interest due to the city's mistake.

Edit: The notice also happens to be missing at least one page, including the payment stub. Wonderful.

Don't they have a website where you can pay that and see when it's due? Don't you know when the last bill was due? Don't you track your bills effectively?
It sounds like you also made a few mistakes.

The issue with soy is most soy today contains something called phytoestrogens, and these phytoestrogens are estrogen mimickers in the body. And so, if you're a male consuming extra estrogen, it's going to give you more feminine characteristics.

Like what? Tits?

[other stuff]

Pumping extra estrogen into humans has been a goal since a LONG time ago. Every receipt you touch, that thermal paper is drenched in Bisphenol A. Oddly, it either acts as, or increases production of, estrogen. It's in the plastic forks you use, the receipts you handle, the wrapping on your food... just about everywhere.

So to say you shouldn't eat soy or meat substitutes because of a possibility of increased estrogen is like standing in a pool of water up to your neck and holding a hand in the air because you "don't want to get wet"

I just found out that my phone is a prepaid not a pro-paid as they claimed it to be, it got cut off. I made a payment and set up an auto pay with my debit card and now back in service. My first month was free.

I was wondering why my phone was so quiet for the past two days. :whistling:

If you're a woman consuming foods that increase estrogen levels, it's going to increase your risk of breast cancer, cervical cancer, PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and other hormone imbalance-related disorders.

That's the main issue with most soy products today — avoiding excess estrogen — when you're consuming a general processed soy. It's a big issue.

Another big deal is that 90 percent (!) of soy today is also genetically modified. Genetically modified foods are linked to many health problems because they kill off good bacteria in your gut, known as probiotics benefits, and also damage the working of your digestive system.

Therefore, most soy products today — because of the phytoestrogens and being genetically modified — are terrible for your health.

Where do you get that information? There are many sources, and chances are, no one made the proper tests.

Edit: Because as I said, no one can predict the effects a chemical compound will have on the body.

Edit 2: It could also be another Thalidomide situation.

Back
Top Bottom