Random Chit Chat

To add—Were the cheetah to experience a reciprocity of the pain inflicted upon the gazelle, it would likely make the decision to starve to death instead. However, cheetahs lack the ability to experience this and, thus, continue inflicting suffering without any care for the effects of their actions.

I must be a cheetah, than. Well, at least I look like I just ate a cheetah. :D

I have no problem chowing down on meat, whether it was killed by myself or someone else.

Not sure I can answer that. I think there is some sort of neutral state, where you are not pleased or displeaced, but I don't think I can prove it.

The neutral state, in the context of my philosophy, would merely be an absence of suffering.

I'm not sure.

—video snipped—
While I'm no expert on animal behaviour, what I see here very much appears to be territorial fighting.

I must be a cheetah, than. Well, at least I look like I just ate a cheetah. :D

I have no problem chowing down on meat, whether it was killed by myself or someone else.

Would you choose to eat meat if, in order to do so, you had to experience all the suffering of the animal which you are consuming? This is the point Schopenhauer is attempting to make—that there is an inherent asymmetry in the level of suffering we are willing to inflict in order to attain "pleasure."

Last edited:
The neutral state, in the context of my philosophy, would merely be an absence of suffering.

Yes and an absence of happiness, I think.

While I'm no expert on animal behaviour, what I see here very much appears to be territorial fighting. It's quite possible that it was even necessary for the continued survival of the buffalo.

Doesn't look like it. If it was, the buffalo would attack the lion when it is on the ground.

No hamburger for me... I'm Muslim and can't eat ham. I'll just have a beefburger :p

The etymology of the word hamburger is actually derived from the city of Hamburg, Germany. Hamburgers contain no ham.

My personal preference is a beanburger. I actually find them superior in taste to actual hamburgers.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Doesn't look like it. If it was, the buffalo would attack the lion when it is on the ground.

This is a fair point, and I actually reached the same conclusion, myself, after submitting the post. If you look at it now, you'll notice that the second sentence you quoted has been removed. It was presumptuous of me to draw such a conclusion.

Regardless, we are most definitely witnessing a manifestation of the fight-or-flight response—in this case, of the fight variant.

Last edited:
Over the past few days, I have been intermittently getting this warning when attempting to scroll. I do not understand what is causing it. Does anybody know?

Edit: I just re-enabled the browser's navigation bar and forcibly induced it. The URL it was trying to parse consisted of "Does anybody know what this warning signifies? " My assumption is that one of my browser plugins is causing issues. This is going to be a difficult one to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• Screenshot-17.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The etymology of the word hamburger is actually derived from the city of Hamburg, Germany. Hamburgers contain no ham.

My personal preference is a beanburger. I actually find them superior in taste to actual hamburgers.

Yeah, I was just fooling around... Celery would have realized it :p

Same for franks (frankfurters). But this time it originally contains ham as a main ingredient. Here we have chicken, beef and turkey sausages with absolutely no ham (of course).

I always wondered how vegetarian meat tastes. I also wonder if it is healthy, as I'm under the impression it goes thru processing, and processed food typically means bad (or badder that it should be).

Edit: there, he said it just before I posted this :p

Over here there is a company called Loma Linda out of California. They sale all kinds of Vegetarian foods and vegi meats. Not bad really! Pricy but not bad at all! They belong to a religion called Seventh Day Adventist church. Should be able to find there site with a google search. I always called them Grass Eaters!! haha!

Yeah, I was just fooling around... Celery would have realized it [emoji14]

Same for franks (frankfurters). But this time it originally contains ham as a main ingredient. Here we have chicken, beef and turkey sausages with absolutely no ham (of course).

I always wondered how vegetarian meat tastes. I also wonder if it is healthy, as I'm under the impression it goes thru processing, and processed food typically means bad (or badder that it should be).

Edit: there, he said it just before I posted this :p

No one can answer that for sure, unless a million tests were conducted first.

I know many sell genetically modified soybeans and I don't think that's healthy at all, although no one knows for sure.

I'm not sure how vegetarian meat is made though...

Back
Top Bottom