Random Chit Chat

You are maintaining two phones, when you could just sell one and use the other one, without any repercussions.

Both phones are on pay-as-you-go plans. The only charges are based on usage; there is none of that "monthly activation fee" garbage on this plan. It makes no difference whether I have one phone or ten, as the usage (and thus, cost) would be the same.

Besides, having a fully-registered backup phone is certainly a good thing. I regularly misplace mine for days at a time, which, when I'm home alone, means that the only number I would be capable of calling is 911 (on the unregistered emergency phone I have stowed in my bicycle.)

I think we should stop this. I'm no one to tell you what your principles should be. I'm sorry, I just got carried away.

Understandable. Everyone gets carried away at times, particularly when people say things that can be viewed as an attack on their way of life.

Last edited:
And I didn't know. I just assumed everyone here was male. I hope no one here is an extreme feminist or I'm roasted.

That's uncalled for. Not all people are male, you know.

Actually I'm just joking with you :p

Yeah, some people do take that rather badly. I've had my share with the radical side of feminism in some other forums so I know how you feel. I don't think Foothead is on that side tho. She's reasonable.

I didn't mean to be rude saying that you judged her, sorry about that. I'm just so considerate that I keep advising people to be considerate and nice to each other too as much as possible.

By the way, do I know you?

:rofl:

Actually I'm just joking with you [emoji14]

Yeah, some people do take that rather badly. I've had my share with the radical side of feminism in some other forums so I know how you feel. I don't think Foothead is on that side tho. She's reasonable.

I didn't mean to be rude saying that you judged her, sorry about that. I'm just so considerate that I keep advising people to be considerate and nice to each other too as much as possible.

LOL yeah you were right. I was being a dumbass.

Actually I'm just joking with you :p

I have to say, you are undoubtedly the most empathic person I have ever met. Is this a cultural thing, or are you just unique in this manner?

Do I see mass hysteria going on in here? Why do I feel like we're being trolled?

I can guarantee you I'm not trolling. I'm just an eccentric weirdo with a pathological tendency to derail conversations into extreme forms of esotericism.

This is why I am very much not a fan of white on web pages (or cell-phone themes): it physically hurts to look at it. Telling me to quit bitchin' and get used to it is only going to exasperate me (at best).

I forgot to mention, but there are a number of browser plugins which invert the color scheme, with a toggle switch in the top bar. Some even have the capability of leaving embedded images and videos unaltered. I highly recommend you look into this.

The best one I have found is 'High Contrast' for Chrome. On firefox and seamonkey, I have yet to find one which leaves images intact.

EDIT: Aniverto for firefox. I just tried it, and it's excellent. This one is even better: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/simple-night-mode/

Last edited:
LOL yeah you were right. I was being a dumbass.

I wouldn't say that. Maybe you just got a little carried away, and we all do that sometimes. No one is perfect.

You seem familiar... have we met?

Do I see mass hysteria going on in here? Why do I feel like we're being trolled?

Hey!

:mad:

:p

I have to say, you are undoubtedly the most empathic person I have ever met. Is this a cultural thing, or are you just unique in this manner?

I think I'm unique in this, not sure tho. Someone once told me that I show too much emotions and related facial expressions. Heck, I even woke up crying once for seeing a poor child in my sleep :p

Have you guys tried f.lux? I use it when reading PDF files and such.

I have. It's a fantastic idea, but it desperately needs a setting to exempt images from its color temperature modifications.

Because of my extreme sensitivity to flicker, I have to keep my monitor at maximum brightness at all times. As such, color inversion—white text on black background—is the superior solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom