Random Chit Chat

You asked for an opinion, you got a response. It sounds very much like foothead is doing, and not just bitching.

I think it's bitching if you aren't changing anything. You are just making yourself miserable for no reason.

To add; every single one of us can change anything we'd like, the problem is that we all must row in the same direction.

If we all have to push together, then it's not a "singles" activity. I don't know if that makes sense.

Yep. The speedometer reached to 160 and the radar from a friends police cruiser did the rest. 5 miles from start to when i stopped. And Crapped my pants!!:eek: I had three different radars on the car at different parts of a road under construction yet not open to public. I was with a volunteer fire dept. at the time. we were friends with the police at that time. They didn't think i could get it up that fast but bets were made and off we went. The engine had to use High test only and once in awhile i put some airplane fuel just to clean out the engine once in awhile. It was turbo, fuel injected, 4 banger. 6 speed transmission, 2 door fastback. Special suspension And insanely fast super car. It could run almost 9000rpm before red line!! If i remember it was something to go up to the Colby GT at that time. I only had the car about a year and i had a bad accident with it, but i wasn't hurt at all!! I came around a blind curve and there was someone in a car sitting in the middle of the road!!! No lights, no 4 ways, nothing. I hit the car and the one behind me spun out trying to keep from hitting me and played instead a "Baseball bat" move on my back side.:eek: So much for that hot rod. I had three different police cars clock me. They told me that if i had wings i would have gone airborne!! I never tried that again and i wouldn't have suggested it to anyone else to try it. I let some of the boys play with it and they came back as white as i was but i didn't clock them. It looked like a miniature Chevy Corvette!! two seat and FAST!!! I've never seen any other models but i know they made a limited amount of these cars. What i should have done was take it off the wheels and blocked it up and let it stay that way for about 40 years. It would be worth a lot of money for sure!! Anyway thats the whole story. WD65

The Vega GT was a v8.

Exactly this. People kept asking questions of me, so I responded to them. I'm sorry that they did not like the answers, but I'm not going to lie just for the sake of "fitting in."
LOL. It doesn't bother me. It just feels you are making yourself miserable for no reason.

Some of those V12's could turn out a lot of power!! They made them good back then, but I wouldn't drive one of these newer sport cars that fast. They use too much plastic instead of metal.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

The Vega GT was a v8.

Nope. 4 cyclinder.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

The Vega GT was a v8.

Nope. 4 cyclinder. Never saw a from factory V-8 in one.

LOL. It doesn't bother me. It just feels you are making yourself miserable for no reason.

Note to self: Conscientiousness = voluntary misery

I was simply giving my thoughts on the matter. Would you tell someone they're making themselves miserable if they talk about politics? People do that all the time, and nobody throws around these accusations for it.

For what it's worth, reducing consumption makes my life better. All that crap people slave away in order to purchase, I view as unnecessary. Does it really matter that you have the newest smartphone? Assuming you live in a city, are you actually saving time by driving a car, as opposed to taking a bus, bicycle, or moped? Sure, the trip itself may be somewhat faster, but you have to work in order to pay for the car-related expenses.

These are the types of questions I ask myself, and the ones I choose to live by.

I don't understand how applying common sense to my way of living is somehow making myself miserable. If I'm miserable because of anything, it's chronic neurological and psychiatric issues.

I think it's bitching if you aren't changing anything. You are just making yourself miserable for no reason.

I somewhat agree... more below

If we all have to push together, then it's not a "singles" activity. I don't know if that makes sense.

Every single person must participate. All life is dichotomous. We must individually act, and also act as one, together.

Would you tell someone they're making themselves miserable if they talk about politics? People do that all the time, and nobody throws around these accusations for it.

I would!

While I'm in agreement that intelligence typically produces depression, I also believe that's mostly due to the overuse of the brain. It is a choice. Again calling on the skydiving analogy; two people go skydiving. One person is uber excited, the other is paralyzed by fear.... EVERYTHING is how we choose to see it.

We see it, not realizing that the perception is our choice. Put down the shitty goggles and pick up the happy goggles. There is good in everything, and there is bad in everything. Pick a side, that's what you see.

All that crap people slave away in order to purchase is unnecessary. It doesn't really matter that you have the newest anything

Fixt.

I don't understand how applying common sense to my way of living is somehow making myself miserable. If I'm miserable because of anything, it's chronic neurological and psychiatric issues.

It's not at all. The actions you take do not determine your measure of misery.

Consider this; you choose to live a certain way because of a state of society you see as sick. I agree with your conclusion, but hear me out here.

The recognition of societies ills doesn't, itself, have to be a negative. You can focus on the negative, and then yes, you see things negatively. If you focus on the positive ways you're overcoming said ills, then you see things positively.

Life is how you see it, and you get to choose the glasses.

* I should note, I'm not minimizing any biological issues that may exacerbate such viewpoints... just that they are not the only factor. We don't have to be controlled by them.

The fastest I ever got was 130 in my Firebird. The speedo reads up to 160 but couldn't get it over 130.

By the way, that Vega GT is related to the Pontiac Sunbird and my sis had a Sunbird called Hard Rock Live. They both have a 4 cylinder engine known as a Quad Four. Unbelievably powerful engine that has the horsepower of a V8.

Yes they are stupid fast that my friend refused to believe me when I said that this here Sunbird will eat your Mustang GT. :D

Last edited:
Note to self: Conscientiousness = voluntary misery

I was simply giving my thoughts on the matter. Would you tell someone they're making themselves miserable if they talk about politics? People do that all the time, and nobody throws around these accusations for it.

For what it's worth, reducing consumption makes my life better. All that crap people slave away in order to purchase, I view as unnecessary. Does it really matter that you have the newest smartphone? Assuming you live in a city, are you actually saving time by driving a car, as opposed to taking a bus, bicycle, or moped? Sure, the trip itself may be somewhat faster, but you have to work in order to pay for the car-related expenses.

These are the types of questions I ask myself, and the ones I choose to live by.

You are just looking at extreme cases. You go from using a 10 year old phone and Lynx to having the latest smartphone and using Chrome.

You can always try to find middle ground. For example, I'm using my mom's ex-smartphone, which is an LG Spirit (quite old and slow for today's standards), and I don't even have an LTE data plan, because they are too expensive ​for what they offer, even though I can afford it. I also hate Windows, but as it turns out, I don't have a choice. I take the bus twice a day, even though I could drive a car. I work out in the park even though I could afford a gym. That is common sense, you are just protesting, and sadly no one is listening.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I want to add, as iPwn, I'm not minimizing the effect your illness has on your behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom