Random Chit Chat

Dan made my point.

I can understand not wanting to give out money to beggars; however, acting as if the plight of legitimate homeless is an unworthy cause because of them seems illogical to me. Ramadan, after all, is primarily about acknowledgement of what one takes for granted, and sympathy for those who do not have access to those things.

Why is this website contained within a Google iframe? Edit: It appears to present even within the private messaging section. I made a post in the administration section asking the admins for feedback. Until they, or someone with more knowledge on the matter responds, I will be operating under the impression that PMs are not actually private.

Attachments

• Screenshot-6.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The issue with "homeless" Is one of our friends followed one to wherever he was going. he ended up at a nice house with a BMW in the garage. I have a hard time wanting to help because of that. I wish there was a way to tell who is phony or in real need...
Did you check to see if the house and car were in the name of the homeless person? It's possible he was staying at a friends house temporarily isn't it?
The records are public information you can see yourself.

You know, four of the Arabic months have sequence numbers in their names; i.e. 1st X and 2nd X for the first two then the same for the next two. Working hours in Ramadan are cut to 6 hours instead of 9.5 (for both Muslims and non Muslims) so from time to time we wish that we have Ramadan the 1st and Ramadan the 2nd (two Ramadans) to enjoy this. Crazy, huh? We don't care if we fast one more month, and trust me, it ain't easy.

Why is drinking in solitude perceived as so much worse than drinking in the presence of other people? I simply enjoy the effects for what they are—an altering of my perception, which is best enjoyed through a period of introspection (or, depending on mood, watching bad anime.)

Were I to tell people, "I retreated into my bedroom last night, then drank a bottle of wine and two beers," I'm simply viewed as a alcoholic. If I drink that same amount at a party, it's not only acceptable but encouraged.

It seems like an irrational double-standard to me.

It would seem that I owe an apology to Apple. After waiting a day, the mobile hotspot data usage did show up—10.5MB in four hours of web browsing and irc. A good third of that was from loading a single image. This usage costs me twenty-one cents. I approve.

Last edited:
The choice of place to drink in gives different perceptions? I drink anywhere yet I always feel the same. Or is it exclusive to alcohol?

Hey, how come the noun of perceive is perception and not percevtion (or the other way around; i.e. perciep)? What the heck, English?

The choice of place to drink in gives different perceptions? I drink anywhere yet I always feel the same. Or is it exclusive to alcohol?
[qoute]Hey, how come the noun of perceive is perception and not percevtion (or the other way around; i.e. perciep)? What the heck, English?[/QUOTE]

This is specifically referring to alcohol.
English is a weird amalgamation of various languages. Looking up the etymology of the word and its native language will likely answer your question.

FOURTH edit: Hopefully this makes sense now. I am currently sleep-deprived an xanned out.

...I give up. I'm leaving it.

Why is drugging myself into a completel stupour the only way to bring my anxiety down to tolerable level? I ne longr feelike death, yet I also feel completely wasted. On top of all htat, I still can't even leave the house or hold a converation.

I left the typoes to make my point.

Last edited:
So how is everyone doing?

Did you guy's have a good Memorial Day Weekend. Mine was ok,my family and I went to visit my Mom's grave site. She passed away last year in December.
She lived to be 92.

If we could accurately answer those questions, @foothead, we'd be gods.

Humans are ambulatory piles of contradictions... I blame it on biology: our 'wiring' is based largely on delicate balances of competing stimulus/inhibitory signals; and each individual's collection of such are different, making adjustments a guessing game at best.

And even if one finds the right combination of meds to stabilize oneself into a more desired state, there is still variation and inevitable side-effects that prevent it from being the ideal solution.

For instance, I have a prescription that reverses my depression, but makes me stupid (I can almost feel my brain turning to mush); so I have to choose between taking the recommended dose and being fat, dumb and happy or not taking my medicine thereby being fat, smart and angry.

Or varying my dosages and acting moderately intelligent yet moderately miserable whilst still fifteen pounds over ideal weight.

Back
Top Bottom