Random Chit Chat

Wallaby Dan, I have no idea if you're trying to reply to me, or if you're simply making a disconnected statement. Either way, I fail to see how that has any relevance to this discussion.

If you wish to explore an actually feasible source of alternative fuel, look up wood gasification.

Right and back then I'd keep my horse, he runs on straw. :lol:

My bicycle runs primarily on grains and vegetables.

Interestingly enough, gasoline is cheaper than food in America. The health benefits of riding a bicycle ultimately negate this many times over, but it's still something I have always found bizarre.

Last edited:
The fuel that pill made was most likely low grade fuel. That is what was used back then. Couldn't get away with that in todays engines.

You couldn't get away with it in any engine. Short of the 'pill' initiating a highly-controlled nuclear fusion reaction, the only reaction even theoretically possible would be a disintegration of the atomic bonds of water, forming Hydrogen and Oxygen. Brown's gas happens to be highly explosive, so doing this in an unmodified vehicle would be a dangerous proposition indeed.

This story was never meant to be taken literally. You are looking for a conspiracy where there is none, which, quite frankly, is baffling to me, given the real-world conspiratorial nature of, as I have termed it, the 'automotive-industrial complex.'

Edit: After thinking for a moment about the actual functioning of an engine, my conclusion is that it's completely impossible in an unmodified vehicle. To prevent water from entering the fuel line, the intake would have to be relocated to the top of the tank. Furthermore, a system to regulate feed pressure as well as switch the device's states would be necessary. This is in the simplest possible form. To make it even remotely practical beyond a proof-of-concept, a separate pressure vessel with a compressor would have to be placed in-line after the fuel tank-cum-reaction vessel.

Last edited:
The oldest computer can apparently be traced back to the time of Adam and Eve.
It was an Apple.
But with extremely limited memory.
Just 1 bite.
Then everything crashed...

"The oldest computer can apparently be traced back to the time of Adam and Eve.
It was an Apple.
But with extremely limited memory.
Just 1 bite.
Then everything crashed..."

:lol: Good one.

I seem to have missed this post, so I will respond to it.

The way I figured that it's plausible is for the pill to alter the atomic structure of the water molecule. It becomes "energized" water but under the compression of the piston the water molecules breaks up into Hydrogen and Oxygen thus combustible.

How well it runs like that is moot.

Thermolysis of water requires a temperature of 2500C. Water approaching this temperature would never even make it to the engine. If it somehow did, the engine would simply be destroyed.

Err...

Okay, let's try to analyze it here. Water is H2O and pure gasoline is C6H6. What if that pill had some kinda chemical that reacts with the water's compound to create the gasoline's compound? But then again there's gonna be hydrogen left that could contaminate the tank!!!

Okay, I give up. Analyzing the ISIS part could be much easier :p

By the way, just to not lose hope of hidden possibilities, some cars actually work on cooking vegetable oil! And gasoline here is already cheaper than water :D
You mean water is more highly sought after than gasoline.
We are lucky to be sitting on one of the largest fresh water aquifers in the world.
The Ogallala Aquifer. Maybe we should be trading water for oil...nah, you can't drink oil but you can't live without water.

It is just that different places got different stuff covered really. Here we started refining water from the sea (I think it's been like four years for that). Or is it called distilling water? Dunno the word for making salt/undrinkable water fresh/drinkable.

Back
Top Bottom