Random Chit Chat

I don't think I will. I'm not what I seem to be. Tragedy really gets to me causing discomfort and unsettling feeling that's hard for me to get over easily.

What's wrong with people? Can't they at least get an impression of how others feel before they screw them over? Sometimes I wish the end of the world comes to end all this so that everyone gets judged for the justice they deserve.

No wait, that can wait until the running season animes/cartoons are complete. Don't wanna miss the finales. Full HD releases are appreciated too.

Research is great but it becomes its own means to an ever elusive end, that being more funding for more research. They could never stop researching else they would not have a job. Besides that is the fact that people will gouge everyone to "recoup the costs of research" of said product, which is why most new meds cost hundreds of dollars per frigging dose. The research ain't cheap but human greed costs lives.

You could say this about literally any profession. Furthermore, publicly-funded medical research would serve to mitigate the price-gouging trend displayed by the current industry.

As for new smartphones, new models come out with new tech. Old phones wear out (flash memory wears out, battery wears out, other hardware failures) and must be replaced.

Flash memory wears out? Are you serious? When is the last time you had to replace any device because, of all things, the flash memory reached its maximum number of cycles? This argument was relevant specifically to computer SSDs when they were a completely new technology. It has proven to be a complete nonissue in practice.

New batteries have to be manufactured regardless. What difference does it make if they're made for an existing model of phone, rather than a new one? Besides, modern Li-Po batteries have become so durable, the majority of phones are discarded while still retaining the vast majority of their factory-specced charge capacity. Even with the industry in its current state of extreme planned obsolescence, I have succeeded in obtaining a fully-working battery for my current ten-year-old cell phone.

The most common causes of actually-necessary phone replacements would be accidental breakage and theft.

And people are fickle and like change every now and then, which is the main reason I upgraded to a newer phone myself.

This is the issue. What I'm saying is that this tendency is completely irrational and a massive hindrance to general advancement of our species as a whole. Unfortunately, the rich and powerful have managed to completely shape Western society around themselves becoming even more rich and powerful. Until people stop rationalizing these artificially-conditioned behaviours, this will never change.

You could say this about literally any profession. Furthermore, publicly-funded medical research would serve to mitigate the price-gouging trend displayed by the current industry.

New batteries have to be manufactured regardless. What difference does it make if they're made for an existing model of phone, rather than a new one? Besides, modern Li-Po batteries have become so durable, the majority of phones are discarded while still retaining the vast majority of their factory-specced charge capacity. Even with the industry in its current state of extreme planned obsolescence, I have succeeded in obtaining a fully-working battery for my current ten-year-old cell phone.

The most common causes of actually-necessary phone replacements would be accidental breakage

This is the issue. What I'm saying is that this tendency is completely irrational and a massive hindrance to general advancement of our species as a whole. Unfortunately, the rich and powerful have managed to completely shape Western society around themselves becoming even more rich and powerful. Until people stop rationalizing these artificially-conditioned behaviours, this will never change.

Verizon keeps trying to get me to upgrade my phone. My s5 works great but the battery is getting weak. Why would i spend over 400.00 for a new phone when a 40.00 battery will fix my phone up like new?
Deb had a old phone(6+ years old), That was still working like new. The only reason she switched was she dropped the phone in the sink and there was water in it yet. So the phone had a meltdown. Only good reason anymore to buy new phone every year is someone who has more money than brains!!:lol: I feel the same for tv's and computers and cars....

Anyone remember the old story about a guy who invented a pill that you can drop in a car tank full of water and be able to drive it?

What do you think happened?

Back
Top Bottom