Random Chit Chat

And we have that problem here with Mormons. They have 15+ kids and can't support them so they get on the government dole. people like them and the cheaters are exhausting the system and we have to suffer by receiving less benefits.

There must be something along the way that causes this over population that people like the Chinese can't pinpoint that even their reproduction laws couldn't address after all this time. Here men are allowed to have up to four wives (has strict rules but the topic is not about polygamy) yet we don't even see any signs of having over population or any other problems related to that like abandoned or unsupported children. I wonder who's crazy enough to have more than one wife really, but anyway. I don't know what it is, but it is there since we're not having any problems with over population or any signs for it. It could be our teachings that put so much emphasis on family support, ties responsibilities and value, but I'm not so sure about that either. All in all, I think those having problems with over population should have a very big wide range of studies to find the biggest factor behind it.

Ah, that factor is a universal requirement at any rate. Then somewhere in how it is performed or utilized is the more likely cause.

Anyway, what really makes me sad is that the real victims in such problems are the children who are completely innocent and have no saying or actiion to do with it at all. I've seen unsettling reports including cannibalism and human trafficking around the internet (I hope they are false) :(

Oh.One of the questions that, as of late, I have found myself often asking is why we bother making new smartphones at all. The industry represents so many resources which could be applied in a manner that actually benefits humanity. Instead, we have created an artificial market which consists of selling people slightly-improved iterations of the same product, thus shuffling the still-fully-capable older versions into landfills. What if, instead of spending $350 per year on smartphone upgrades, we instead funnelled it into medical research? All those factories churning out disposable tech-trash could be used to create biomedical devices. Wouldn't the world be a better place for that change? Nothing would even be lost for it. Everyone in America who wants a smartphone has one already.

But, of course, that'll never happen. Humans are such selfish creatures.

You answered your own question: Greed.

Research is great but it becomes its own means to an ever elusive end, that being more funding for more research. They could never stop researching else they would not have a job. Besides that is the fact that people will gouge everyone to "recoup the costs of research" of said product, which is why most new meds cost hundreds of dollars per frigging dose. The research ain't cheap but human greed costs lives.

As for new smartphones, new models come out with new tech. Old phones wear out (flash memory wears out, battery wears out, other hardware failures) and must be replaced. And people are fickle and like change every now and then, which is the main reason I upgraded to a newer phone myself.

SG, if you wanna see what humans are really capable of, go into the dark web (also known as deep web).

Back
Top Bottom