Random Chit Chat

Fortunately, the Constitution includes a suicide clause, otherwise known as "the Second Amendment."

Unfortunately, I am excluded from this due to having been involuntarily committed. A case regarding the constitutionality of this exclusion is currently working its way through the courts.

They have me seeing someone for PTSD. i get a full hour with her. The physic does nothing but feed a pill or two Don't even talk for more than a couple of minutes. I come in depressed and twisted, they ask if i need a different pill.....

The few good psychiatrists will only take out-of-pocket payment. Those of us on insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, etc. have to deal with the leftovers.

I have given my current doctor the euphemistic title of psychiatric misdiagnostician. After thirty minutes of generic screening questions, he completely threw the book at me ("the book," in this case, referring to the DSM.) Many of his diagnoses, such as substance use disorder, make no sense whatsoever.

As sad as it is, this is the least terrible psychiatrist I have seen. The worst example was so truly horrible, I don't even feel comfortable describing the details. To put it simply: She spent the majority of the appointment ranting about my most hated aspects of myself, prompting me to impulsively attempt suicide upon retuning home. My mother was in the room during the appointment and was absolutely fuming by the end of it. Unfortunately, she underestimated the severity of the effects upon my mental state, leading her to leave me at home alone. Ultimately, I failed (obviously) and was committed to a psych ward.

Last edited:
They have me seeing someone for PTSD. i get a full hour with her. The physic does nothing but feed a pill or two Don't even talk for more than a couple of minutes. I come in depressed and twisted, they ask if i need a different pill.....

There's your problem, you need to see a psychiatrist not a psychic. :lol:

Yep, need one of them. The va don,t have any good ones, just pill pushers. I get pretty good service out of the PTSD clinic. So far I haven't wanted to fold and or spindle anyone for a bit now. She is pretty good. To bad she isn't a psychiatrist!!!

If you've found a therapist you like, you're doing pretty well. Ultimately, the job of a psychiatrist is simply to diagnose and prescribe. Some will go farther than this, but it should not be expected.

I heard so many stories like these in the religious forum I used to attend (and left after getting fed up!). I didn't think I'd hear of it here in a computer forum too. I didn't know it extended this much.

I heard so many stories like these in the religious forum I used to attend (and left after getting fed up!). I didn't think I'd hear of it here in a computer forum too. I didn't know it extended this much.

The state of psychiatric care in the US is utterly deplorable. Interestingly enough, it's actually worse for nonreligious people, as mental health workers are well-known for having a tendency to push religious ideals (and religion-based ideals, e.g. homophobia) upon their patients. I have personally experienced this on multiple occasions, including the one which I recounted above.

Smart_Guy, I was wondering: Does your culture partake in the bizarre Western obsession with chairs?

I can't wait for this tooth to finish erupting. I've been compulsively chewing everything for days now. Make it stop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom