Random Chit Chat

I'm really sorry what I said brought this subject up, I didn't mean to.

If anyone brought it up, it was me.You simply asked the logical question.

Remember the fun things you lived to do in the past at least. I'm sure you're glad you enjoyed them. Watching anime, playing video games, customizing bicycles, hanging stuff on the wall, wearing cool outfits, etc. What offered all those can still offer more. Think of being here on CF too. I'm sure you do enjoy the stuff some crazies such as myself say every once in a while. Cheer up :)
This is nothing new. I have been consistently suicidal since sixth grade. My first attempt was at age 15, eight years ago. Just because I can sometimes find enjoyment in some things doesn't mean that my overall outlook on life is a positive one.

It is not the overall positivity of life. Even I think it is negative overall. It is the positive part of it that I originally talked about. Actually, my first post was a tribute to mothers for what they do/did to us in those nine months, not what comes after that. I'm not a mother (obviously!) but I'm sure no one would understand what they have gone thru for our sake in those nine months, not to mention the pain of birth/delivery. That's basically what this is all about.

I'm not a mother (obviously!) but I'm sure no one would understand what they have gone thru for our sake in those nine months, not to mention the pain of birth/delivery.

Nobody decides to have children because they care so much about the theoretical nonexistent humans trapped in the metaphysical void and wish for them to experience life. Whether they want to admit it or not, the decision is made for their own selfish reasons.

Now, I'm not saying that mothers cannot love their children or anything of the sort. This is very obviously untrue. My point is that the initial reason why those children exist in the first place is selfish rather than altruistic.

Is selfishness necessarily wrong? Of course not. I guarantee that the vast majority of breeders do not see their choices as negative in any way. All I'm trying to say is that it's more about them than it is about you.

I can't see how it is for selfish reasons knowing a long nine months ending with a painful delivery are involved. Can't see the logic behind it. They might as well just perform abortion or something; why go thru too much? Maybe a month or two could work, but nine month and a labor?

I personally wouldn't go thru even some little of that pain no matter how tempting the selfish reason is.

But to be fair, we do not how a mother feels or has in mind. I'm not a mother (I feel awkward now) so I can't really say for sure. Accordingly, it is not fair to factually disagree with you so I don't. The above is just what I expect that makes sense to me.

Instinct often supersedes rationality. The biological drive to reproduce is, for many, intense. In an attempt to maintain this illusion that we are in complete control of our actions, we rationalize our instincts. Ultimately, however, they are not rational but a result of our genetic programming.

As my father puts it, "Man is not a rational creature; man is a rationalizing creature."

Another significant factor is social conditioning. I have heard numerous stories of people having children simply because that's what society tells them they should strive for. I have also heard plenty of stories of those who have children in an attempt to find meaning in their life. Ultimately, the basis will vary person-to-person, but, as far as I can tell, it tends to be about what the parent wants.

Last edited:
Well put argument.

I forgot to share one point and it is that regardless to instinct, selfishness or love, those nine months and health issues (and things beyond that actually, but let's stick with what's related to this important transformation stage) were sacrificed to ultimately have us come to this life either way. Whether it was intended for our sake or not, it ultimately took place in our favor and benefit. I personally owe my mother my life no matter what her intention behind it was. Those sacrifices are not something easy or simple.

Not that I impose it really, it is what makes sense to me and I understand having opposing understandings.

Joyous participation in the sorrows of the world.

Whatever you or anyone is going through, the only thing constant is change. The only phrase that will always apply to every situation you face in life is: This too shall pass.

My fav burger joint and burger: Lotsa Meat Lotsa Cheese. :cool:

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

My toaster oven died so time to modernize. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom