Random Chit Chat

It's definitely an exercise in vanity for me. I'd like the genetic makeup of my child to be such that it's a combination of my own and chosen partner. Various behavioural and educational difficulties have been associated with both genetics and nurture. At least by having my own child I'm halfway there with the genetics...

How can you possibly look at the world and come to the conclusion that the one thing it needs is more people?

How do you discount the (very real) possibility that the child you bring into existence could end up experiencing types of suffering you cannot even comprehend?

How can you be so selfish that you would, for your own perceived benefit only, choose to create another child rather than take care of one which already exists and is in desperate need of a loving home?

Do you not think about the potential impact of your actions?

Do you not care?

If you actually care so much about the genetic makeup of your child, can you honestly say that you're even capable of loving that child at all, rather than just seeing them as a tool to selfishly fulfill your own egotism?

Last edited:
Life is a gift. It's a shame many people do not think of it that way.

You did not answer any of my questions.

There are children who are starving, dying of disease, living without parents in war-torn nations, and experiencing all manner of other horrors. Is their life not a gift in your eyes? Why do you only care about a child if it is biologically related to you?

Alright then. I do care that there are such horrors in the world, but had you have read my previous answers, I want a child which is partly my own genetic makeup to improve the odds of certain traits, behaviours and intelligence.

How about you? Do you intend on adopting children from such areas? How is me having my own child and ensuring that have a good upbringing any worse than your plan of not adopting and therefore not helping any children either?

I am not the one dragging another human being into this dystopian hellhole we call a society for my own sick amusement.

I am, by all accounts, unfit to take care of another human being. As much as I would like to be able to help, there is absolutely no way that my taking care of a child would be in its best interest.

As my teachings tell me, I believe marriage is not just for body pleasure.

Having a partner in your life that shares your happiness and sadness with you, to comfort you in the right time, help you when you need someone so close to help, continue your legacy, keep your kind, and other stuff are there in this. This of course applies to both partners, not just one of them making use of the other. We might not feel it, but other humans around us are there for us because of that too. We ourselves saw light because we had parents and I believe the vast majority of us had their lives because their parent's relationship was based on marriage.

My two cents ;)

Last edited:
the vast majority of us had their lives because their parent's relationship was based on marriage.

While this may be true where you live, it is not the case in many places. The majority of children in my area are born outside of marriage. Similarly, despite wide availability of contraception, 49% of pregnancies in the US are unintended. The prevalence of this level of complete disregard for the consequences of one's actions has always been utterly baffling to me.

Regarding the functions of marriage, I agree that it isn't purely about sex and reproduction. I also stated that I've reached the conclusion that romantic relationships are not worth my time and effort. Putting together these three factors, generally considered to be the primary purposes of marriage, leads to the conclusion that marriage is simply incompatible with my personality.

Edit: also -

I believe marriage is not just for body pleasure as my teachings up brought me.

You were brought up to believe that marriage is purely about bodily pleasure? Is this the predominant view within your culture?

Last edited:
Lots of folks want their own kids because they want an heir but also because it's their flesh and blood.

Back
Top Bottom