Random Chit Chat

Wallaby Dan, I cannot read your signature without imagining anthropomorphic representations of Windows 7 and Windows 10, both fiercely engaged in combat over which will receive the privilege of being booted by the computer.

I just received a text message that my brother's laptop has, once again, died. I just replaced the motherboard in December due to an issue with the LCD not receiving a signal. This time, it seems to have stopped responding to all input, including being plugged into the charger.

Last edited:
Wallaby Dan, I cannot read your signature without imagining anthropomorphic representations of Windows 7 and Windows 10, both fiercely engaged in combat over which will receive the privilege of being booted by the computer.

I just received a text message that my brother's laptop has, once again, died. I just replaced the motherboard in December due to an issue with the LCD not receiving a signal. This time, it seems to have stopped responding to all input, including being plugged into the charger.

I think he means dual boot...

Is it not a common fault/problem with this particular laptop?

The failure modes are completely different. I don't even know which component has failed this time, as my brother lives several hundred miles away. I did do some searching last time around, and the video issue was documented but not particularly common.

I think he means dual boot...

Of course he does. Regardless, my highly literal mind cannot read that without parsing it as two versions of Windows duelling each other. I found this image funny, so I decided to share.

Last edited:
How do you picture windows since it's all ones and zeros...do you picture the retail packages dueling?

Being more of a concept-thinker, I didn't actually form a visual image of operating systems fencing. My thought was more of a recognition of the concept that the two are duelling.

There is, unfortunately, no existing language capable of expressing the way my thought processes work, so I had to make use of linguistic imagery to, at the very least, articulate a similar idea. As duelling, at least in the normal sense of the word, requires a body, I decided that the best way to express the thought would be through anthropomorphising them.

I hope this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom