Random Chit Chat

And so Windows 10 Creation update is installed successfully.

Looks the same but with some options available here and there.

Were you expecting something big?
Windows will slowly evolve as time goes on. In 25 years it might look and behave in a totally different way, but each update will be just tiny tweaks.

I understand what it signifies. What I don't understand is the actual function of that specific behaviour, and what its evolutionary purpose is (assuming it has one.) The best I have been able to find is this study, but its methodology is poor and the authors seem to be making quite a lot of assumptions.

I suppose that what I'm looking for are anecdotes as to why, of all possible things, people would choose to do that. Is it a learned behaviour? Is it instinctual? Does it aid in mate assessment, or serve some other obvious purpose, similar to mating rituals displayed by other animals? It seems counterintuitive from an evolutionary perspective, given the possibility of disease transmission, which is a large contributor to my confusion.

Last edited:
I would say it is learned behavior. As to when it started...Haven't a clue. But to use another old book it says that when Judas had the solders ready to arrest Jesus it says he betrayed him with a kiss. So how much further back it goes i have no clue.

Definitely learned behavior. Some cultures do not kiss at all.

The official explanation has to do with swapping germs to help one another resist disease. plus it is a lot of fun in the right circumstances.

Got my birthday present in today. Here it is set up beside one of my 25" monitors. Please ignore the mess of a desk, though...

Attachments

• IMG_20170503_210037[1].jpg
    IMG_20170503_210037[1].jpg
    88 KB · Views: 5
Were you expecting something big?
Windows will slowly evolve as time goes on. In 25 years it might look and behave in a totally different way, but each update will be just tiny tweaks.

I were... I mean I was expecting something! Different Start button, some difference in the Start Menu, disabling auto update, faster start up with tons of HDD's connected or something useful. Those have been the same even since W10 came out.

But you're right, it is still W10 after all. Shouldn't expect much unless at least it becomes Windows 10.1 or something :p

Random question time: What is the function of kissing? I have never understood this behaviour.

As I'm guessing you mean how "come" this act gets the function we all see or hear around, I suppose it is the sensitivity of that part of the body. Sensitive parts of skin, like hand palms too, sense touching more which stimulates feelings. I never had "that" kind of relationships to know for myself, but socially and family-affectionately we kiss a lot and all we feel is care and respect only. That does not include lips to lips kissing at all, of course. Children, no matter what age, always kiss heads and hands of parents and those of high regard, for example. Family members of the same class/level, good friends and some time random people depending on the occasions (like in weddings or funerals) kiss cheek to cheek all the time too.

But as T.T. said, culture is a huge factor. I'm sure some culture could suspect homosexual practice if they see us here. Sometimes men even hold hands, but that's off-topic.

Got my birthday present in today. Here it is set up beside one of my 25" monitors. Please ignore the mess of a desk, though...

My main computer screen is a 60" Smart TV :D

Back
Top Bottom