Random Chit Chat

I never wanted to have a cell, I don't mean single brain cell, I mean cell phone, but I guess society pushed it on me. My parents are old and other family members too, and I want them to find me when they need me (we're over socialized here). Applying for a job requires a cell now too. Those are just two examples. Otherwise I hate having one.

All I use them for is to call for business and family related stuff. Calling record list get just a couple of names all moth long. There is no internet connect on my phones too. I keep see people using them while driving, walking, in gatherings, etc. and all I feel is face palming myself and think "what's App with those people" (pun intended).

Oh you definitely have more than one brain cell! Maybe... two? :lol::flowers:

Last edited:
@foothead, it sounds like you are a tad overclocked.

"Overclocked" is a good way of putting it, though you'd likely assume I am underclocked were you to meet me in person.

I'm dark-adapted and hypersensitive to noise, myself. The former is the reason behind my dislike of white, the latter means I can also hear fluorescent lighting, CRTs, and some power supplies.

Luckily (?) for me, the tinnitus drowns a lot of it out now, but I recall I couldn't walk into some stores when I was younger because of the high-pitched fluorescents like spikes in my ears.

I am also dark-adapted. I compulsively switch lights off, which leads to a fair amount of fighting. The phrase I most often hear out of my father is "I can't live in the dark." I actually have the ability to "see" in complete darkness. I legitimately can't tell the difference between low lighting and no lighting, at least until I walk into something that has been moved without my knowledge. This skill proved most useful when I was regularly doing darkroom work some years back.

Last edited:
Oh you definitely have more than one brain cell! Maybe... two? :lol::flowers:

C'mon, gimme more credit than that. Make that three brain cells :thumb:

Ironically tho, I do have two cell phones. The company gave me a SIM card for business and I didn't have a dual SIM phone so I got myself another one, and I got it dual SIM for future use. I wanted to upgrade before that cuz the older one had very short batter charge life, which is really annoying.

Last edited:
C'mon, gimme more credit than that. Make that three brain cells :thumb:

Ironically tho, I do have two cell phones. The company gave me a SIM card for business and I didn't have a dual SIM phone so I got myself another one, and I got it dual SIM for future use. I wanted to upgrade before that cuz the older one had very short batter charge life, which is really annoying.

Go on then :D haha

My latest phone I picked up specifically for its battery life for an Android phone. Lenovo P2, also has a dual sim so might be worth checking out!

The brain is pretty complicated fh, may as well be an alien computer for all we know about it!

I finally acquired a battery for my laptop, only to discover that it emits an evil high frequency squeal when discharging. I actually started using this laptop because my last one did the opposite: squealing on AC power. Why does technology hate me so?

Edit: I did a web search, and found this:

It is a piezoelectric effect caused by the clock generator. As you reduces the processor to C3 state or lower, the clock generated gets within audible range, causing squeaking sound.

Sure enough, disabling power management in the BIOS fixed it. My battery life is going to be awful given the 35w TDP of the CPU, but it's at least usable now.

I have to say, this somewhat tarnished my image of Lenovo. My father has a Dell with the same processor, and it does not have this issue.

Last edited:
My Sammy Galaxy S5's battery charge is great. Much better than my first Sammy Galaxy S3's; my first ever smartphone.

That's all my five-cell brain want's for now... or was it a six-cell?

Anyway :)

What model Lenovo is it?

It's a Thinkpad T61. It would be unfair for me to complain too much seeing as I got it for free, but I would have been quite unhappy had I paid $2000 for this computer. It's definitely not caused by age as one would assume; numerous others have reported having the same issue from day one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom