Random Chit Chat

Necessary evil for me. Health reasons but, I don't like it. Forget calls when driving no text messaging and maybe when waiting at the doctors i may play a game on it. The rest of the time, it stays on the desk and as far as i am concerned it could go to the back of the drawer!:eek: I like my Computer for everything else that i would do on-line. I have a tablet i use for most of anything i would use away from home. The tablet does almost anything the computer can do but you won't see me trying to text or chat on it when i am in the truck going down the road. Forums are a no no when driving. I only wish others would take it from there ears and fingers when driving. The school systems have a law that no phone use when in a school zone. That includes texting. I think it could go for the rest of the roads. I know...Just my two cents... :hide:

Though we have those laws here Dan everybody's ignoring it and cops doing nothing about it.

I don't even have a cell phone and never had one. I feel no need for it.

I mainly use my phone for browsing while out and about. When I'm at home its usually always sitting on my desk. I've got the Google Pixel and I love it..

Not using your phone when driving is a given really. People who are stupid enough to do it deserve to be caught! I never used to see the appeal of a smartphone but I must admit, I think it's fantastic now. Even my dad who was always anti-technology has been convinced by WhatsApp haha.

Since I work in the field having a way to get connected is a must. I use my smartphone in place of the netbook I was issued as it is quicker and simpler. Either I have to pull out my company iPhone, turn on the hotshot, boot up the netbook, connect to said hot spot, endure the torture of having to use IE and the extreme sluggishness of said netbook due to crappy CPU and all the BS the company did to lock it down... or I just pull MY phone out of my pocket and do what I need.

I never wanted to have a cell, I don't mean single brain cell, I mean cell phone, but I guess society pushed it on me. My parents are old and other family members too, and I want them to find me when they need me (we're over socialized here). Applying for a job requires a cell now too. Those are just two examples. Otherwise I hate having one.

All I use them for is to call for business and family related stuff. Calling record list get just a couple of names all moth long. There is no internet connect on my phones too. I keep see people using them while driving, walking, in gatherings, etc. and all I feel is face palming myself and think "what's App with those people" (pun intended).

@foothead, it sounds like you are a tad overclocked.

I'm dark-adapted and hypersensitive to noise, myself. The former is the reason behind my dislike of white, the latter means I can also hear fluorescent lighting, CRTs, and some power supplies.

Luckily (?) for me, the tinnitus drowns a lot of it out now, but I recall I couldn't walk into some stores when I was younger because of the high-pitched fluorescents like spikes in my ears.

Back
Top Bottom