Random Chit Chat

I brought an air compressor that was on sale for $97 down from $152 because I needed one. Got it home and assembled only to realise there was no basic hose included which I thought there would be and I'm not very good when it comes to this sorta thing. I don't care about attaching tools or guns to it. $46 later was able use it.

Well, I have officially applied for a deployable position. Wife isn't happy, but she is behind me on this.

Considering it will take several months for the required security clearance to be processed and such, that gives my current boss a little time to pull a promotion out of his posterior and convince me to stay. Plus, there are other jobs I have applied for and all that.

Part of the problem Dngrswife has with this is all the uncertainty, but I have to hope for the best and assume the worst. Therefore I am just laying groundwork for some form of meaningful employment which will help me bank for retirement in the not-so-distant future.

Anyone in central Kentucky/Clarksville, TN area looking for a job? Seriously. My company lost our KY tech and is now looking for a replacement. Here's a link to the CL ad they have posted. The location is listed as Paducah as that is where the previous tech lived but it is not an office or anything. The job is a remote technician position, meaning you work in the field and not out of an office. The regional office is in Birmingham, AL which HQ is in Lubbock, TX. I've been doing this gig for four and half years now and can say it's not a bad job, but I sometimes do bitch and complain about a bad day now and again.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/tch/6092028499.html

POS Service Technician

Truno is the national leader in integrated technology solutions focused solely on the retail industry. With over 30 years of experience and innovation, 3,000 customers sites, unmatched customer service and a world-class network of partners -- Truno delivers retailers secure, stable and integrated technology solutions enabling them to navigate through an environment of ever-changing regulation, competition and technology

Job Description: POS Service Technicians travel to stores and offices of customers and work with them to troubleshoot, service, and repair machines and other equipment.

Main Responsibilities:
•Travel to stores and offices of customers to service and repair machines (Truno will provide a company vehicle and phone)
•Work and communicate directly with Truno customers to troubleshoot, service, and repair machines and other equipment
•Advise customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, and programming
•Disassemble, repair, and reassemble machines
•Configure software and hardware and perform installs and updates
•Test software, hardware, and other systems to make sure they are working properly
•Use tools, including power tools, to assemble machines according to specifications
•Manage and upkeep inventory of failed parts

Minimum Requirements:
•Basic computer skills
•Capable of multi-tasking
•Ability to think, learn, and solve problems quickly
•Understand wireless devices, and Sonic wall devices
•Organizational ability
•Be able to work independently with limited supervision
•Travel typically within 100 to 150 miles of home base, with limited overnight travel
•Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and early mornings
•Pass a background check, drug screen, and driving record check
•Dress professionally and appropriately with no visible tattoos, and no visible piercings on male employees
•Basic computer troubleshooting or electronics background is a big plus

Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $560/week + Overtime, plus a generous benefits package

A standard week is a guaranteed 45 hours of pay (salary, 40 + 5 OT) and anything over 45 is x1.5. Only get in 42 hours? You are still paid for 45.

If anyone has questions just PM me.

Hello everyone. It's been a few years since I've been on here. I'm not sure how many of you remember me, but for those that do: How have you been?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. It's been a few years since I've been on here. I'm not sure how many of you remember me, but for those that do: How have you been?

Oh I remember you....I know this may sound strange but I missed you. I remember one day I came on and someone said you left, and I was like
Nooooo, she can't leave. haha

Anyways, welcome back foothead. :D

Back
Top Bottom