Random Chit Chat

Way to go BK. Hope it works out well for you.

My new job is going well too. Just finished my 2nd week. I'm able to expense breakfast, lunch and dinner about half the work days in a month. Not too shabby.

The guy I replaced on this project had been working on it since the beginning of December. Manager wasn't happy with him and was about to let him go when the guy saw the writing on the wall and quit. Manager told me the other day that I had already accomplished more in 2 weeks than the previous guy did in 2 months!

Good luck at the new job BK, I also have a new job too unloading trucks. I been there for one month and I got the job 2 days after applying for it.

Nice going there Strollin...:D

Way to go BK. Hope it works out well for you.

My new job is going well too. Just finished my 2nd week. I'm able to expense breakfast, lunch and dinner about half the work days in a month. Not too shabby.

The guy I replaced on this project had been working on it since the beginning of December. Manager wasn't happy with him and was about to let him go when the guy saw the writing on the wall and quit. Manager told me the other day that I had already accomplished more in 2 weeks than the previous guy did in 2 months!

Nice! Don't burn yourself out, though.

I'm not liking my work much at all anymore... been doing the exact same thing for nine years now, I'm ready to move on to something different. My manager won't or can't find a position for me, so I am looking elsewhere.

Plain vanilla, survival mode, on my laptop, no internet.

I like exploring the caves; but there is so much new since I played last (back when they first went public), that I have spend half my time in the wiki's trying to figure out what the heck just killed me, LOL.

Nice! Don't burn yourself out, though.

I'm not liking my work much at all anymore... been doing the exact same thing for nine years now, I'm ready to move on to something different. My manager won't or can't find a position for me, so I am looking elsewhere.
I hear ya. The main reason I retired originally was because I didn't like my job, didn't like my manager and didn't like the company I worked for.

This job is completely different than what I did for 12 years at my old job (software development) yet lets me leverage my existing skills while adding new ones. The kind of work I am doing now (Robotic Process Automation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotic_process_automation) is very much in demand and I could easily job hop from company to company in order to get a fatter paycheck.

All my life I worked on cars and I went to trade school for it. I loved working on cars, especially hot rods and had my share of fast cars. As the years go by and all that crap were added to the engines because of pollution laws I started to have doubts.

Nevertheless I kept on working by going into automatic transmissions til my back said no more! I retired and filed for disability. Since then the cars I'll work on is my own and I'm not looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom