Random Chit Chat

Glad to see this place is still up and going! How many admins have we been through since Lindon?

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't be touching that thing its cleaned and wiped over. As for the wifi issue, there was a Windows 10 update that has crippled DHCP but Microsoft have since issued a new update that is supposed to fix it. Microsoft breaks DHCP with Windows 10 update; suggests a reboot to get back online

Glad to see this place is still up and going! How many admins have we been through since Lindon?

Hey good to see you. 3, JCB then Andy R & Janet H the current Owners which you won't see around very often.

I sold my sig-rig earlier this year and am starting to regret it since the other rig I had to replace it is a Pentium Dual E5300 and NForce 730i with onboard 9300. sooo...I've got another "build" in the works; Bunch of old hardware I found for pennies practically. As usual, though, I'll focus more on aesthetics. No liquid cooling this time though; Not yet anyways.

Yeah I wouldn't be touching that thing its cleaned and wiped over. As for the wifi issue, there was a Windows 10 update that has crippled DHCP but Microsoft have since issued a new update that is supposed to fix it. Microsoft breaks DHCP with Windows 10 update; suggests a reboot to get back online

Hey good to see you. 3, JCB then Andy R & Janet H the current Owners which you won't see around very often.

LOL this is brilliant, let's put a story about not being able to get on the internet...on the internet for them to read. :whistling:

I had 2 students in 2 days ago that couldn't use our WiFi. (both windows 10 laptops)
They said it worked at home, and i could easily get them online by connecting them to my phone. (WiFi hotspot)
I found out that both wasn't able to get an IP from our DHCP server. Now i know why.
Did manage to get them online, btw.

Finished Gears of War 4 and replaying it with low ammo heavy arms now.

This 4GB GTX 680 OC is still holding very well to my taste in these new games and on decent grafix settings.

I had 2 students in 2 days ago that couldn't use our WiFi. (both windows 10 laptops)
They said it worked at home, and i could easily get them online by connecting them to my phone. (WiFi hotspot)
I found out that both wasn't able to get an IP from our DHCP server. Now i know why.
Did manage to get them online, btw.

I think the same thing has happened to my grandparents laptop. I'm going up tomorrow to fix that and few other things.

Anyone here on x99 platform? Looking for some z170 comparisons. Gonna start a thread in hardware section if anyone has information they want to share. Primarily focusing on dd4 dual channel vs quad channel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom