Random Chit Chat

That's it. Go to settings and walk through it and you're in good shape.

Don't forget to say you're on metered connection.

Thanks Celery for the tip...Also what does that do for the network? Does it tell Microsoft to not use so much of my bandwidth?

Also I installed Anti-spy beacon, and it works like a charm.

Thanks Celery for the tip...Also what does that do for the network? Does it tell Microsoft to not use so much of my bandwidth?

Windows 10 allows your system to be shared with other systems for updates and workarounds. Saying that you're on metered connections says that you're paying for usage so get off my ass (so to speak ;)).

You can turn off the shared system updates feature without setting the system up as a metered connection.

I personally have the shared system updates turned off but kept the auto updates, no issues for me on 5 systems running Win 10.

I like the shared updates feature. I keep it on but turn switch the option that allows it to share updates on your network and not outside of it.

Settings->Update & security->Update settings(Advanced options)->Choose how updates are installed(Choose how updates are delivered). Whew! Didn't remember it being buried so deeply.

Attachments

• 2016-11-19.jpg
    2016-11-19.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom