Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #20241
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Ohh you finally got some of your pay. what's awesome. Smart guy.

"Besides that point" I have 19x HDD's 5400RPM 350GB drives that are 2 years old.
If you want some a couple i'll send it to you for free. (Only pay the shipping cost)
__________________

__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 512GB - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #20242
The Candy Man
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 10,846
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Say Biker, are they laptop hhd's or are they desktop hhd's?

I might get a couple from you.
__________________

__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #20243
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

They are laptop HDD's 320gb 5400RPM made by WD in 2013.
That's all the info about them i can remember.
They are not that good and shipping will cost you 10 bucks.
If you are still interested in a few, i'll send it to you.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 512GB - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #20244
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
Ohh you finally got some of your pay. what's awesome. Smart guy.

"Besides that point" I have 19x HDD's 5400RPM 350GB drives that are 2 years old.
If you want some a couple i'll send it to you for free. (Only pay the shipping cost)
Thanks man. I wish we (the CF members) were geographically close to invite you to a feast

And thank for your offer to the CF community. If you still keep some in the end, I suggest RAIDing them in some custom made case and get a fast storage unit. Even four of them stacked will about similar size of a 3.5" HDD. I think you could try it with no or minimal costs. Do you think RAIDing them could give a good speed?
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #20245
The Candy Man
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 10,846
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
They are laptop HDD's 320gb 5400RPM made by WD in 2013.
That's all the info about them i can remember.
They are not that good and shipping will cost you 10 bucks.
If you are still interested in a few, i'll send it to you.
Sounds good man, i'll send you a PM to get some details.
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #20246
The Candy Man
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 10,846
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So last night I was wiping some dust with my hand off my laptop keyboard and shut down my computer. Later that night I started up my lappy and when the OS came up it did not connect to the internet like it always does.

I was stumped as to why it was not connecting. So I checked the settings in network and it said that the network I connect to was out of range, so I unplugged the modem and let it reset. Again my lappy would not connect to the wireless network. So I restored my computer to an earlier time using system restore.

Booted back up the computer and still it would not connect to my Wi-fi network. I was starting to get scared that my Wi-fi card went out on me. So I checked my Wi-fi card in my lappy and it was all secure.

So I booted back up to windows, and just out of curiosity I thought I would press the light on my lappy where the Wi-fi was...and my Wi-fi came back on. What a idiot I was. It now works ok now and back to normal...a lesson learned
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:50 PM   #20247
Daemon Poster
 
Dngrsone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 806
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
So last night I was wiping some dust with my hand off my laptop keyboard and shut down my computer. Later that night I started up my lappy and when the OS came up it did not connect to the internet like it always does.

I was stumped as to why it was not connecting. So I checked the settings in network and it said that the network I connect to was out of range, so I unplugged the modem and let it reset. Again my lappy would not connect to the wireless network. So I restored my computer to an earlier time using system restore.

Booted back up the computer and still it would not connect to my Wi-fi network. I was starting to get scared that my Wi-fi card went out on me. So I checked my Wi-fi card in my lappy and it was all secure.

So I booted back up to windows, and just out of curiosity I thought I would press the light on my lappy where the Wi-fi was...and my Wi-fi came back on. What a idiot I was. It now works ok now and back to normal...a lesson learned
Been there, done that...

I'm about to interview for a job I am not really qualified for, probably don't want, and likely doesn't pay enough to consider.
__________________
Civility, Substance, Subtlety, Style: Success
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #20248
Fully Optimized
 
Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,016
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Finally the cooler weather are rolling in. That was one hot summer here in Texas. I'm gonna enjoy my range sessions now.

Walmart had a great sale on ammo and I mean dirt cheap. I picked up five 250 packs of UMC 40sw 180 MC at $45 each. I went broke doing that and there will never be a sale like that again. Thank god I sold stuff on CL.

Others reported great sale on other calibers that I wonder if Walmart is dumping the ammo and not selling anymore. Only time will tell.
__________________
I yam what I yam
Celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #20249
The Candy Man
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 10,846
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
Finally the cooler weather are rolling in. That was one hot summer here in Texas. I'm gonna enjoy my range sessions now.

Walmart had a great sale on ammo and I mean dirt cheap. I picked up five 250 packs of UMC 40sw 180 MC at $45 each. I went broke doing that and there will never be a sale like that again. Thank god I sold stuff on CL.

Others reported great sale on other calibers that I wonder if Walmart is dumping the ammo and not selling anymore. Only time will tell.
Hey Celery, as you are a gun owner did you hear the news about Obama banning a substance that goes into gun powder?

You can read about it in the link below:
BREAKING NEWS: Obama’s ATF Announces Backdoor Ammo Ban! InvestmentWatch
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:20 PM   #20250
Fully Optimized
 
strollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,604
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

As usual, the pro gun owner's blew things out of proportion. Here's an explanation from the ATF as to what they actually are trying to do:

ATF’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter included a brief discussion of Nitrocellulose, and attempted to clarify the circumstances under which wetted Nitrocellulose is considered a high explosive under 27 CFR, Part 555. As with all explosives, ATF’s focus is on the potential public safety risks associated with materials that can be misused or diverted to unlawful purposes. Subsequent contact from industry members who import, transport, store or employ wetted Nitrocellulose in the production of ammunition, however, has brought to our attention issues that were not fully addressed in the Newsletter and require further consultation and consideration with the industry. Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.

The point is that Obama and his administration did not intentionally attempt to ban ammunition, they were simply attempting to make the storage of it safer. Obama has not made ANY attempt to outlaw guns or ammunition but the gun lobbyists keep trying to convince the public that Obama is "out to get their guns". Total nonsense.
__________________

strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0