Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-24-2016, 12:01 AM   #20211
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So it's in the works still.

Ain't been doing much here. Finally found a pain clinic that'll take my insurance a months ago so I'm back with the Vicodin and have two injections lined up for my neck and lower back. This coming Tuesday and a week after. About time I'm sick of the pain.

Sold almost all my musical stuff so I have a bass amp, keyboard and a pedal left. Sold my 9mm and my 40sw pistols and bought a Glock G29 Gen 4 10mm pistol. Also bought two barrels for it, a 40sw and an extended 10mm barrels. Again stocking up on ammo.

You never know what comes up after elections concerning guns and ammo because of nutjobs so I'm stocking whatever I can, 40sw, 10mm and 5.56 mm. I still have my MP15 carbine.

I guess I can call it my bucket list because my doc told me I have problems with my kidneys and he's going to be monitoring them. He said it may be no big deal but at my age it sound like a death sentence to me.

I'm cashing off everything I have and not used since so I can enjoy the moments.

I'm not being morbid but you never know.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #20212
The Candy Man

Hey Celery, Glad to see your still around man...And i'm sorry to hear your dealing with pain. Lately my lower back has been hurting me, but I think in my case it's because I don't take Calcium at all, and I need to.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #20213
Fully Optimized

Start taking Calcium then but I'd check with the doctor first. I don't see how a lack of Calcium cause pain but a doc knows better. My pain clinic doc got me started on holistic remedies so we'll see how they go.

Fish Oil and Turmeric. Yum.

My PCP doubled my BP medicine and on the last two checkups my BP was very good and he's pleased with it. Now he's pushing me to get the Colonoscopy but I told him in due time, maybe after the Summer is over. Right now I want to get the injections over with.

Did I mention that I quit smoking last Nov? This helped a lot and I mean a lot so as a PSA: Stop Now!

Check out my new Glock G29 10mm. I love it.

click image upload

And my carry load.

click image upload
Old 07-24-2016, 05:54 PM   #20214
The Candy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
Start taking Calcium then but I'd check with the doctor first. I don't see how a lack of Calcium cause pain but a doc knows better. My pain clinic doc got me started on holistic remedies so we'll see how they go.

Fish Oil and Turmeric. Yum.

Did I mention that I quit smoking last Nov? This helped a lot and I mean a lot so as a PSA: Stop Now!

Check out my new Glock G29 10mm. I love it.
Well yeah its probably not the lack of calcium intake that has my back hurting, but I still want to take some just to keep those bones strong.

That's a nice piece gotta say.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember you saying that you quit smoking, good job. It's been 28 years since I stopped smoking...yay me !!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #20215
Fully Optimized

So I did.

Congrats on doing it 28 years ago, wish I did.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #20216
The Candy Man

Thanks man, I went cold turkey when I did quit, and man I have to tell you...If it wasn't for the sun flower seeds, I think I would have gone crazy.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #20217
Fully Optimized

What I did too, cold turkey all the way and it was a battle for a while but I refused to give in. No substitutes though, just roughed it.

My nephew still smoke and it disgusted me. That's how I know I made it and it's a smoke free house.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #20218
Fully Optimized

Got my injections yesterday on my neck, what a relief. Surprising thing is my new doc was fast and did the job in 10-15 minutes with little pain. I had it done without sedation as I had to drive myself.

I thought my old doc was good. He did his job alright but took 30-45 minutes and caused pains. I went to him for years and that was a revelation. Next week I'll get the injections in my lower back.

Soon I'll be enjoying life again.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:18 AM   #20219
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
Got my injections yesterday on my neck, what a relief. Surprising thing is my new doc was fast and did the job in 10-15 minutes with little pain. I had it done without sedation as I had to drive myself.

I thought my old doc was good. He did his job alright but took 30-45 minutes and caused pains. I went to him for years and that was a revelation. Next week I'll get the injections in my lower back.

Soon I'll be enjoying life again.
Recovering from something?

Take care man and feel better soon
Old 07-28-2016, 04:31 AM   #20220
Golden Master

Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123

Ehh I have to have needles/injections too soon as I am going away to Phuket & Bali in September.