Random Chit Chat

From someone you actively work for?

Are there labor laws you could potentially get that rectified using? For example, if an employer did that in the States, we can report this to the department of labor.

There would be lawsuits up the a** if that happened in any European country and North America.

How do you survive without pay?

Yes, it's my full time job. There is the Ministry of Labor and everyone already complained to them. They did help us in many instances before. I work in the private sector too (construction contracting). The authorities blocked all the company's services (e.g. legal certifications) so they are expired now and cannot be renewed, but still is not forcing them directly to pay. Stupid private clients still accept our services with those expired certificates (but we never acquired any job from them ever since they expired, so dunno). The business sector here is corrupt.

I can't believe authorities here mention delivering justice in their claims yet this happens. Is it because it is the private sector? I know for sure the govt. sector is not having any problems at all. This is stupid.

True, public services here are like free; no taxes except on business firms, medical service is very affordable and sometimes free, gas prices are dirt cheap, education is free, local universities/colleges give you salary for the official duration of the stay instead of asking you to pay, and some others, but corruption in many civil services is reeking.

Oh, I'm not married and live with my parents. My humble saving are holding up thanks to that. I only pay for telecommunication, internet, transportation and personal expenses. Family orientation here is in a heavy weight and such problems like the one I have is is nothing to normally worry about. By family I mean siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts and grand parents, on both father's and mother's side. Dunno if those are considered extended family in English.

Last edited:
The business sector here is corrupt.

^ fixt.

I can't believe authorities here mention delivering justice in their claims yet this happens. Is it because it is the private sector? I know for sure the govt. sector is not having any problems at all. This is stupid.

Hate to sound dismissive, but this is everywhere. We're all strippers, selling our bodies for money so the fat cats can make laws that seem just, but in reality just perpetuate and promote a broken system.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles, hope things turn positive soon.

Hate to sound dismissive, but this is everywhere. We're all strippers, selling our bodies for money so the fat cats can make laws that seem just, but in reality just perpetuate and promote a broken system.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles, hope things turn positive soon.

Thanks man. The problem is they say they follow a religion that states to give the worker their pay before their sweat dries )a figure of speech that means soon). In those un-payed 8 months, not just sweat of workers would dry, but also their freaken blood!

Lately they changed working hours to 9:30 hours a day in the company. True they made it a 2 day weekend, but 9:30 hours a day is even against the law. Max allowed working hours here is 9, and with 1 hour break included whithin. I issued a complaint to the Labor. Let's see how this goes.

Last edited:
The problem is they say they follow a religion that states to give the worker their pay before their sweat dries )a figure of speech that means soon).

We're all hypocrites in some way or another. Anything can be used to justify wrong actions. The disconnect between stated values and works is every mans struggle. Add power to that and it never really ends well for most others.

In those un-payed 8 months, not just sweat of workers would dry, but also their freaken blood!

Lately they changed working hours to 9:30 hours a day in the company. True they made it a 2 day weekend, but 9:30 hours a day is even against the law. Max allowed working hours here is 9, and with 1 hour break included whithin. I issued a complaint to the Labor. Let's see how this goes.

Labor abuse is obviously prevalent in many places, including here depending on the job / demographic. Not being paid for 8 months however, would probably draw legal consequences or more likely, lawsuits.

It's wild to think about how different our cultures are, yet people remain the same.

The very first time my employer didn't give me a paycheck, I would be making plans to work elsewhere. I just retired this year and, in 45 years, I was fortunate to receive a paycheck every payday.

I did have one stretch where I got laid off and was out of work for 10 months but collected unemployment insurance during that time.

Hey all. Hope you've all been well. Poking my head in to say hi while I see if any of you fine folks have some suggestions for my issues in the software thread.

Did we ever merge with the other site?

Hey dude, nice to see you still visit us here...and yeah, we are all patiently waiting for the merge to take place. Like BK said, they are still working on it.

Back
Top Bottom