Random Chit Chat

The forum is dark and quiet these days.
I am scared :hide:

Any news about the merging with techist?

If/when there is any news I will make sure that it is posted up for all. That's my policy at Techist and I will do the same here as well.

No need to wait for the merger, if you haven't already, create an account on the Techist forum. My guess is that once the merger goes thru, this site will disappear and simply be absorbed into the Techist site.

The idea is for it to become a conglomeration of the two sites, not for one to wholly devour the other.

Yeah I also have to agree with Biker, Its very quite around here. I still look at new threads but only reply if I have something that I think is relevant.

Trotter is there any kind of deadline or target for the merger to be done and dusted?

So there will continue to be 2 sites after the merger?

no.

as it was originally described.

techist.com was created as a target for merger.

tech-forums, rebranded and went to the new platform first
computer forums will similarly re-brand and merge.

I believe that the idea was, it's not our playground, it's not their playground. it's a new sharing playground.

I don't feel the need to come on the forum as much to be honest. Youtube and google has most of my answers. Back in the day when I first created this account. I think it was a little harder to find stuff online.

no.

as it was originally described.

techist.com was created as a target for merger.

tech-forums, rebranded and went to the new platform first
computer forums will similarly re-brand and merge.

I believe that the idea was, it's not our playground, it's not their playground. it's a new sharing playground.
So what I said is correct, don't wait for the merger, join techist now as this site will eventually disappear (although it's contents will be preserved on techist).

So techist is the new sites that we all will be redirected to at some point.
Makes sense.

I feel like Janett should join the discussion. Clearly it's not 100% understood by the members what exactly is going to happen.

Last edited:
So what I said is correct, don't wait for the merger, join techist now as this site will eventually disappear (although it's contents will be preserved on techist).

I assumed that after the databases are merged, the user accounts here will also exist there. Perhaps that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom