Random Chit Chat

So as I've told you guys before my state (Tasmania) is still in a bad situation due to a cable that connects us to Victoria so that we can import some power, that has been down since December.

Good news: The company that owns the cable Basslink, say they have found the fault in the cable which they think was caused by water damage but another joint needs to be replaced.

Bad news: They have now pushed the repair date back to mid June from May. Our dams are sitting at 13%. With the winter weather already arriving, our heaters will be going a lot. Hopefully the 200 diesel generators they have brought in from the Middle East will help. Our state government says the lights will stay on but we'll have to wait and see.

Basslink pinpoints fault in undersea power cable linking Tasmania to mainland Australia - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I am forced to agree with BikerEcho, this place is really turning into a ghost town. I personally have to apologize for not being here more often.

I'm really looking forward to the merger happening. It would be nice if we had a little info about the merger, it would be nice to know how close we are....just saying.

No need to wait for the merger, if you haven't already, create an account on the Techist forum. My guess is that once the merger goes thru, this site will disappear and simply be absorbed into the Techist site.

Back
Top Bottom