Random Chit Chat

Yeah that make sense.
I would still choose A). You should be able to have whatever personal info you want on it.
Besides, if apple isn't doing anything illegal, FBI shouldn't be able to tell them what to do.

I'd go a, simply you can't trust stuff only for law men or "proper authaurities" to stay with them...

Hence why terrorists get chemical weapons etc, they are very well control government only things... Except when they are not...

An easy and untraceable copy of some software would be out in no time!

California courts said the feds can't make apple open a phone is a drug case out there. Let's hope the feds got the message about the terrorist case.

So at the moment my tiny little Island State at the bottom of Australia is basically in crisis since December last year. What happened is we rely on a cable called Basslink that connects us to Victoria so that we can import power to the state. Well in December the cable went down with a major fault found preventing electricity from being imported to the state and we are relying on diesel generators and a gas powered power station as our dam capacity is going down. Today the cable was cut and has affected some internet services as the cable has a fibre line that has capacity of 640Gbps that most ISP's and government use. So now all traffic is being diverted to the major ISP Telstra's two 2.5Gbps fibre cables. All being well this cable will be repaired by May. 2016 Tasmanian energy crisis

On a more positive note the FTTP network has been activated today so hello faster download speeds.

So at the moment my tiny little Island State at the bottom of Australia is basically in crisis since December last year. What happened is we rely on a cable called Basslink that connects us to Victoria so that we can import power to the state. Well in December the cable went down with a major fault found preventing electricity from being imported to the state and we are relying on diesel generators and a gas powered power station as our dam capacity is going down. Today the cable was cut and has affected some internet services as the cable has a fibre line that has capacity of 640Gbps that most ISP's and government use. So now all traffic is being diverted to the major ISP Telstra's two 2.5Gbps fibre cables. All being well this cable will be repaired by May. 2016 Tasmanian energy crisis

On a more positive note the FTTP network has been activated today so hello faster download speeds.

So what is keeping you there? I'd move right away. Load up the truck and move to Beverly... hills that is...
But seriously, I'd get out fast.

I would venture it's just not that simple to uproot and move. Hopefully the cable will be repaired or replaced soon. Bureaucratic wheels don't move so fast regardless of which country you live in.

I would venture it's just not that simple to uproot and move. Hopefully the cable will be repaired or replaced soon. Bureaucratic wheels don't move so fast regardless of which country you live in.

Sorry, I keep forgetting that not all countries in the world have the American bill of rights guaranteeing freedom of movement to wherever you want to go whenever.
Good luck sorting through it.

It's not that but instead it's a matter of having lived in one place for so long. Having to find another place and paying deposits is not in most people's financial providence.

So what is keeping you there? I'd move right away. Load up the truck and move to Beverly... hills that is...
But seriously, I'd get out fast.

I have family here, friends, study, trying to find work. As much as I'd like to I am not in a position financially to be able to move interstate and its a great little island state. Some day I'll do it but not now.

The whole finding the fault process has taken all of this year and it was only this week that they found it. So know they have lift it onto the ship and cut to where the fault is. At 9.15pm last AEDT the company who owns the cable said it was successfully cut.

There is calls for a second cable to be installed Tasmanian energy crisis: State Government seeks federal funding for second Basslink cable - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation).

Category: | The Mercury

It's not that but instead it's a matter of having lived in one place for so long. Having to find another place and paying deposits is not in most people's financial providence.

This is right. As a student getting benefits from the federal government I only get $289 fortnight. $90 goes to my folks for board, $25 or more to my phone bill and $25 to pay for my course fees. Once I get a job I am leaving my studies..

Last edited:
Just celebrated my birthday yesterday. I turned 25 last Wednesday.
My uncle and cousin was there aswell. Havne't seem them for 2 years. So that was great.

Got some pretty sweet gifts too.

-2100kr (315$)
Already spend 20 of them buying my cousin nicotine gum. We just learned that he had taken up smoking about half a year ago.
So my sister and I made him throw away his last pack and I bought him some gum instead.
We did manage to talk some sense into him. So i think he will stop.... i hope.

-I got a Zwilling (Good German brand) kitchen knife.
(Instead of heat treated it has been frozen down to negative 185c to make it harder. But i thought that's what you do with a heat treatment. If one of you know what's up with that, please tell me)

-Also got a Japanese fluid lighter from my grandfather.
He bought it in Japan 50-60 years ago. It has a small amount of gold inlay. I like it a lot.
Doesn't work yet. I need to change it's "stone" (i think it's called)

-At last i got a steam mop, a T-shirt, a deodorant and a toiletry bag.

Back
Top Bottom