Random Chit Chat

Could be something in the transfer case if 2wd worked fine.

Ewww... you think its with the 4x4 low gearing only? Because that is basically never used. Actually, its not put in 4x4 Hi much either (even in snow)

edit- Also, I had it in 4Low when I went up the first time, and I did a bit of turning and stuff, and drove a longer distance. But both front and back were on the dirt that time.

Its not that it wasn't moving, its that I didn't want to throw a rod trying to get the engine on the curb, so I put it low to get more torque to the wheels.

And then coming down I don't remember if I tried 4hi when I took the parking brake off, or if I put it in 4low when I took it off.

Its not that it wasn't moving, its that I didn't want to throw a rod trying to get the engine on the curb, so I put it low to get more torque to the wheels.

And then coming down I don't remember if I tried 4hi when I took the parking brake off, or if I put it in 4low when I took it off.
You shouldn't damage anything even if you hit that curb at a good 20mph... Trucks are built strong. You probably would have been fine in 2wd too actually, depending on the tires I guess.

You shouldn't damage anything even if you hit that curb at a good 20mph... Trucks are built strong. You probably would have been fine in 2wd too actually, depending on the tires I guess.

Well I had it in 4 hi and I had the engine at like 4000 or so and it would't get up the curb.

So I figures if I put it in 4low that I'd get twice the torque, and if I had it at 4000 rpm I wouldn't have to worry about flying back into something once I got up. It worked out just like that.

I also figured th band might have been the front tires engaging in 4 low because if I remember correctly I took it out of 4low. So when I engaged it, it has to move a few inches to engage the front wheels. Wel, it didn't move until I floored it, so the bang occurred because of all the power being transfered.

Back
Top Bottom