Random Chit Chat

Re: Random Chit Chat #4

Glad you and your friends are alright.

Yeah, he could have easily made this day your last day.

Very true...that's the thing about life, no one ever knows when off the wall shit like that will happen, I was pretty damn lucky..I figure that incident only added 3 gray hairs and took about 5 months off my life:p, sometimes I wonder how long my luck is gonna last though haha.

looks exactly like my truck. And that looks exactly like the damage that might have happened to my truck lol, as it has a replaced fender and door on the opposite side, lol.

It was a pretty nice truck, good for some off roading:D

I was amazed the guy stuck the truck where he did, toward the end of his run he dodged some fair sized trees (it's hard to tell but to the left of where those pictures were taken is a hardwood bottom with some 3-4' diameter red oaks and maples) where he came to rest was only about 10 yards parallel to the road, but down a sharp 15 foot bank, we had to cut a few trees down so the wrecker could pull him out:p. You could follow his trail of destruction and see where he had shag-assed about 30-40 yards through the woods from where he ran off the road (thankfully most of it was through a recently cut-over piece of land that only had some small brushy trees).

Thank God you are OK. I've had my share of drunk drivers. In April I was almost killed by a drunk driver that blew a red light and t-boned me at 40 MPH. I ended up with a concussion, neck strain, and severe bruising from the seatbelt, but recovered nicely. The police said that if I would have been hit on the left side instead of the right (US car) that I would have been killed.

Here are a couple pics from that accident...

l_5dbceaa15f793259f9307d8a72be9db8.jpg

l_545a8036cd3438bd022b3618db6fe7d0.jpg

Thank God you are OK. I've had my share of drunk drivers. In April I was almost killed by a drunk driver that blew a red light and t-boned me at 40 MPH. I ended up with a concussion, neck strain, and severe bruising from the seatbelt, but recovered nicely. The police said that if I would have been hit on the left side instead of the right (US car) that I would have been killed.

Here are a couple pics from that accident...

l_5dbceaa15f793259f9307d8a72be9db8.jpg

l_545a8036cd3438bd022b3618db6fe7d0.jpg

That almost makes me afraid to drive my neon again. Haha.

Ive heard Neon's hold up pretty good in a wreck.

That almost makes me afraid to drive my neon again. Haha.

Ive heard Neon's hold up pretty good in a wreck.

The neon itself held up great but being T-boned at 40 MPH on the right side gave me bad whiplash and that resulted in my concussion. The mere force of hitting my body on the left side would be dangerous as in that collision, the entire passenger seat was occupied by the door panel.

Scary stuff. You could be the best driver in the world and still get messed up by someone else doing something wrong.

Very true...that's the thing about life, no one ever knows when off the wall shit like that will happen, I was pretty damn lucky..I figure that incident only added 3 gray hairs and took about 5 months off my life:p, sometimes I wonder how long my luck is gonna last though haha.

It was a pretty nice truck, good for some off roading:D

I was amazed the guy stuck the truck where he did, toward the end of his run he dodged some fair sized trees (it's hard to tell but to the left of where those pictures were taken is a hardwood bottom with some 3-4' diameter red oaks and maples) where he came to rest was only about 10 yards parallel to the road, but down a sharp 15 foot bank, we had to cut a few trees down so the wrecker could pull him out:p. You could follow his trail of destruction and see where he had shag-assed about 30-40 yards through the woods from where he ran off the road (thankfully most of it was through a recently cut-over piece of land that only had some small brushy trees).
Mine is 2wd but she holds up in some offroading.
My friend just destroyed his Civic on friday... I live on a gravel road, and the bottom is like a sheet of ice... He doesnt have antilocks, so he slid about 50 feet past my driveway, and off the road, down a straight 10foot drop. Avoided a larger tree, although took a ton of bark off it, and hit a little boxelder tree. His car is probably totaled... Almost flipped down that embankment, and got out with only a scratch on his finger, seatbelt saved his life! 10 minutes later he was making jokes, and he came to the door with a big smile and said, "Dude!! Just got in a huge accident!! Swear to God!!":rolleyes:
ALthough he is a bit dissapointed now... he missed the dance and was out there for 3 hours. We told him and his dad they could wait in our house for the towtruck if they wanted to, but they didnt.

I know this isn't something to make fun of, but there is a really annoying kid (worse than me) who has a chevy cobalt and thats all he talks about... how good it is. Truth is, its a POS, and everyone hates him for it. Well, on the news there was a story about something with a blue cobal crashing into a wall.

We were all disappointed to find out it wasn't him.

There's something like that going on at my old high school (friend still goes there), except he has a non-turbo, automatic 4th Gen. Supra.

Back
Top Bottom