Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #19641
In Runtime

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Lol I just got a FB messenger notification that someone sent me a message. Long story short this guy is the friend of a young woman I knew, and this guy was a seemingly nice guy, but haven't talked to him in at least 3 months. So I just got this message: "I can't wait to meet you little clock sucking b*tch! " Yes, he literally said clock XD lol. I can't wait to see what I didn't do hahaha!

Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #19642
BSOD

I've had 20+ emails today from subscribed threads. I don't see any thing slow about this forum. Maybe you need to need to get more involved here. Plenty here to keep me busy.
Why not get involved on Techist now and you will see there's not much more going on there than there is here. I've been posting there for awhile. Made some new friends there. They have some good guys there also.
Come on over. What are you waiting for. Be prepared for a little different atmosphere. The members here are much more social. Why wait for the merger??
Gary!!

donetao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #19643
BSOD

If you're into hardware and gaming, you will love Techist. We are more laid back here at CF, IMO. Check Techist out. It may be a while longer until the merger. It's been talked about before I joined CF and hasn't happened yet. I bounce back and forth and there is plenty to keep me interested. If you can't find some thing to catch your interest on one of them; I don't know what to tell you!!
Gary!!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #19644
BSOD

Hi guys and gals. Here's a thread I started on Techist! You might find it a little interesting and you'll see what I'm talking about Techist being a little different than CF.
Gary!!
Not many here that respond to the problem threads! - Techist - Tech Forum
Old 08-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #19645
Wizard of Wires

WHOO HOO!!!
The internet is finally back on! No more tablet hotspot... I just paid that data bill. Glad I was sitting down.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #19646
Fully Optimized

Going on a fishing trip tonight...
Old 08-27-2015, 05:13 AM   #19647
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
WHOO HOO!!!
The internet is finally back on! No more tablet hotspot... I just paid that data bill. Glad I was sitting down.
That's brilliant! Does this mean we can start seeing video clips taken by your multi-rotor platforms?

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:36 PM   #19648
Wizard of Wires

Of course! I was digging through some old clips and found some I need to get uploaded.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #19649
Fully Optimized

Looking forward to it.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #19650
Wizard of Wires

Here ya go then.

Testing a replacement camera gimbal on my DJI F550 Hex. The first one had a bad controller board. The retailer sent me a replacement controller kit. Works great now.

I added a super wide angle lens to a FPV board camera and videoed the gimbal in action. Watch the horizin to see how it counter acts the pitch and roll of the F550 hex.

After I had my Phantom for a bit and found the handle on it, I wanted to see what a video would look like if the camera was pointed straight down.

Some experimenting with a 6 Hex with only 4 motors on it. Same setup for the camera as the gimbal video. There's a small pocket DVR strapped on the upper deck recording the video.

I really get a kick out of this hobby. Now that it's starting to cool down around here I'm going to finish up some open projects and get back flying.
Just for a time referance, I got a blade MQX first then the Phantom. After that I worked on 2 F440 quad kits and got them going then got the F550 hex. My hex is a dedicated camera platform.
My latest kit is a Tarot 650 Sport quad. Big sucker.