Random Chit Chat

I have to give a shout out to Duracell batteries. You see all the hype on the increadibley long standby life and shelf life. In this shot you can see the "use before" date.

attachment.php

I had the batteries in my camera about 3 months prior (July 2014) to getting shipped out to Mississippi (Sept 2014). All the time I was gone, I was more than concerned about the batteries leaking and distroying the camera. I was certain I was going to have to replace the camera when I got back. Every time I though about it, I would give my blood pressure meds a run for their money.

They sat in the camera just keeping the clock and calander updated. That's a CMOS chip and runs on whispers of power. When I got back to Houma (July 2015) the first thing I check was the camera. It fired right up and said the batteries were in good shape charge wise, I used it a lot in the days that followed getting back taking pics of projects I'm working on. The flash was nice and crisp and the camera worked as it always has.

I used the camera until the battery indicator said low battery. (Several times a day for another month.) Having 14 more of the same ones in a pack of 24 ( I used some in my beard trimmers) I loaded another set of 4 in the camera. Got 10 left. If the hype about the shelf life holds true then I won't need to buy another 24 pack until around November.

In this shot you see a minor corrosion. This end of the battery was toward the battery door and was pointing down when the camera was rightside up. If this had continued to a full blown leak it would have just damaged the jumper plate on the battery door. That's end user replaceable so if it had I'd just have ordered another and slapped it in.

attachment.php

Bottom line is this could have been a tee total disaster. But it wasn't. And I like to think it was due to this being a well designed battery. So far it lives up to the hype.

It was in high school that I was in a band. We played at school functions and private parties of the friends, almost all Birthday Parties. We were never paid but one time when the parents said that their daughter told them she couldn't have a better Birthday than this one. We didn't want to take the money as we were friends with the girl but they insisted.

Hell, we had fun ourselves. :)

Whew, what a hot day.

Went to the range today and shot my MP15. One box of 30 ZQI 556s and I'm done.

The sun has beaten me.

Back
Top Bottom