Random Chit Chat

Walked across an old broken bridge today.
It felt quite unstable. Still nothing special, i just want more views :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lOqNITiasE

Untitled.png

Last edited:
So I talked to my ISP and they didn't say anything about bumping up my speed only that they would refresh the system nor would they confirm what speed I get on the current package. I think they were also about to try and talk me into getting a new router but we got one a few months ago.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Such response from the ISP is against the law where I live. Selling merchandise/service of unclear nature, that is.

Is internet that expensive in Aus? I thought it was the highest where I live.

Got myself a car DC-AC 400W power inverter :D
Cool! An inverter can be very useful in a car.

How do you plan to connect that inverter into your car's electrical system? A 400W inverter will draw 33 amps from your battery should you ever use it's full wattage output. Most inverter's come with a plug to plug into the car's cigarette lighter socket but that socket is generally wired with smaller gauge wire and only capable of handling about 12 amps of current (around 150W). If you want to use the full output of that inverter, you need to wire it directly to the battery with beefy cables capable of handling more than 33 amps of current.

Last edited:
Cool! An inverter can be very useful in a car.

How do you plan to connect that inverter into your car's electrical system? A 400W inverter will draw 33 amps from your battery should you ever use it's full wattage output. Most inverter's come with a plug to plug into the car's cigarette lighter socket but that socket is generally wired with smaller gauge wire and only capable of handling about 12 amps of current (around 150W). If you want to use the full output of that inverter, you need to wire it directly to the battery with beefy cables capable of handling more than 33 amps of current.

Thanks for the heads up man, that's some serious and good info.

I'm not gonna wire it, I'll use it only for my laptop on trips (or escapades, haha). The laptop's power brick does require a max or 180 watts tho, but I guess auto down clocking will take care of it for loss of some performance.

The inverter does come with both cigarette lighter plug and battery wire, a reasonably thick one for a 400 watts.

It uses a modified sinewave unfortunately (had to be that or it would be more expensive) so I'm probably not gonna use a wide variety of devices on it.

I noticed that +400 watts inverters don't come with cig lighter plug and some sources say the lighter's socket can provide up to 400 watts, but I haven't technically confirmed it yet. But I at least know that the fuse used for it is rated 20 amps as per the technical details. The same fuse is used, however, with the cruise control and the horn. This means I better not use one of those with the laptop under heavy load.

Those are my conclusions. Not sure it they make sense.

Back
Top Bottom