Random Chit Chat

Which is what? The code or the order? Newegg do ship to Australia?

By the way I bought my Seagate Constellation 1TB at Newegg for my i5 system. I paid $120 for it but it's an enterprise drive with high ratings and good warranty. I bought good parts for the i5 system but I waited for discounts and rebates. The hard drive wasn't one of them though.

Yeah they do ship Australia but also for products that are available to us they cost a lot more. The code was one in an email and could only be used if you got the email deals.

Just moved into our new place and got internet setup. It seems like I finally joined the 21st century. At our old house the fastest internet I could get peaked at 4Mbps and cost $138/month.

4518282366.png

Only pay $45/month for this new connection!

Way to go strollin. :thumb:

$138/month for 4Mbps ?? Who's the ripoff?
My old house was in a rural area and there was no option for DSL or cable and very few ISPs supported the area. Only options were satellite or what they call wireless. We had satellite for internet for a few years, never again, so that left wireless which was expensive. It worked OK, it just was expensive for the paltry download speed we got.

At our old house the fastest internet I could get peaked at 4Mbps and cost $138/month.

Ouch!

Unless it was coupled with other serious services like payed channels and telephony in serious packages, that's too much!

My 20mbps DL / 1mbps UL only internet package is for like $54 USD a month and this is a third world country.

4519687006.png

Last edited:
Hi! Nice ping. I would expect better upload with 21Mb/s download. I don't know why my Ping is so crappy. Maybe I should rattle my ISP's chains and ask them why it's so crappy!! LOL

It's not consistent. tests at different times and locations will give different results.

Did you know that you can scroll around and see the servers? Click and grab. :)

Tonight's results:

I'm on VDSL2 that was upgraded from an ADSL2+ which, the latter, had an upload limit of ~1mbps. All plans from ADSL2+ were left the same after the country wide upgrade to VDSL2. VDSL2 with our infrastructure and equipments technically allows up to 50mbps DL and 10mbps UL. Those same plans were left the same on fiber optics upgraded areas + the higher speeds further. Where VDSL2 is put,fiber optics are decided to never be by the ISP's here. ISP's here really suck.

Back
Top Bottom