Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #19511
Golden Master

Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by donetao View Post
Wow! That's a bummer. Have you checked it out with seatools dos??
I've never lost a hard drive. Do you have data you need to recover??
Not yet, I plugged it into an USB enclosure into another computer and Windows wouldn't pick it up. Only the enclosure was detected and installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donetao View Post
I'm hoping you have a back up image of your OS. It would be a piece of cake if you have a image on a external drive. Starting from out of the box is not some thing I enjoy doing. I haven't done that in a long time.
Nah Windows has just done installing, Now I am installing drivers and programs. The longest will be Windows updates. I am using a 500GB but will look to get a new 1TB drive or a new laptop. I didn't have anything important, Only music and videos which I've backed up in the last few days and I don't have any or many photos stored on it. I can re-download my games.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #19512
BSOD

OK ! Good for you. I can install W7 on a brand new HDD and it will be exactly like the day I created the image. I really don't have any thing important on my PC, but I do have a couple of paid programs and several free programs. I really hate the windows up dates and down loading all my programs. It's nice to have a clean PC, but IMHO it's just not worth all the trouble. Why go through all that when I can be back up and running with all my programs and up dates in 30 minutes??

donetao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #19513
Fully Optimized

I guess folks have their way of doing things. I have an image of my C: drive but it's pretty outdated. I used Windows Disk Management to do it.

A good reason to reinstall Windows is to leave out the programs not used anymore. I always remove my programs but they always leave some files behind.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #19514
BSOD

Hey Celery! A clean install can be nice some times. I've been there and done that. It's not that much fun any more. When I uninstall a program I don't want any more, there will be very little left behind. I use Search Everything to find the left behind files and regedit to find the registry items left behind. I keep a clean ship and always have a recent image of my OS. The days for restoring to factory just aren't in my schedule these days. I hate all the up dates and reinstalling my Apps. and finding my Keys to my paid programs!
I guarantee once you learn to use a 3rd party image program like Macrium Reflect; restoring back to factory will be some thing in your past and you won't even consider it!
But I agree. Every one has there way of doing things and it's very hard to change them. It's very hard to teach a old dog new tricks. I keep trying!!
donetao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #19515
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
I replaced some electrical wall sockets (if I get the name right) at home. Got myself electrocuted a couple of time. ...
Slight correction here. You mean you got shocked a couple of times. You can only get electrocuted once, it's fatal.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #19516
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
The fan is running? Like, a metal fan is running after a metal singer?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I replaced some electrical wall sockets (if I get the name right) at home. Got myself electrocuted a couple of time.

How many Saudis does it take to change an electrical wall socket (outlet?!?!) ?
Thinking about the number of shocks that I have had... Guess thats why we are all messed up in the head.
In all serious though, I am glad that you are ok, and that the only bad thing to remember is pain. That goes away.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #19517
Fully Optimized

Got shocked... got it!

It kinda felt funny, both ouch funny and haha funny. I also felt stupid cuz my father was there with me
Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #19518
Fully Optimized

Pretty much same. I didnt need anyone with me. It hurt, but it goes away in seconds.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #19519
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
I am using a 500GB but will look to get a new 1TB drive or a new laptop.
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a SSD. You can nab a 240-256GB for less than a Benjamin of late. I saw a 480GB for just under 140 the other day.
TrotterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #19520
Wizard of Wires

And where did you see that pray tell?

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote