Random Chit Chat

Feminists? Oh yeah, I heard of those.

While I agree with the basics some of them stand for; e.g. lower salary in the same job as a man and getting abused by men for being normally physically weaker, some of them really leave me scratching my head. Can a gender really take the role of the other 100%?

They can't. Men and woman are different, but the same rights and rules should apply to them both... as they actually do in pretty much all developed countries. And woman are not getting payed less, it's just the national average. More men chooses good jobs than woman. Simple as that.

The term feminist have taking a turn in america.
You might not understand unless you go watch some interviews by some american feminists. Some even call then feminazis (combine feminists with nazi) because they don't really represent good old feminism.

There is a bit of a glass ceiling for women in SOME industries I think, but if you look at a fashion magazine, it most cases it's mainly women... in nursing, mainly woman... midwifery, mainly women... in software engineering it's mainly men, but that's because statistically more men apply, not because the interview process is biased. In fact, I'm sure if you compared the of applicants and people who are accepted, far more females get accepted...

Perhaps I should have put this in jokes...
Oh well. As long as this can be kept civil, then my fears are alleviated.

Its usually the extream feminists that try to fight for 'womens rights', but I have seen some level headed people with some really good points. Cynthia for example, wants to see most of it stop, and tends to laugh at the high end feminists. And I will laugh my a** off at any man who clames that women should not be playing video games. Cynthia is one of many people that I can site as proof those guys are idiots.

How about equal rights? Both sides of the coin say that this is what they want, but is it really? That IS what I am after. Example: Man is attacked by woman, man defends himself. He is the bad guy. Bull. Cynthia can keep up with pretty much any "man" in this equation, to the point that I feel bad for the "man" that attacks her. It works in reverse too. If I am doing the same amount of work, at the same level and type as someone else, then I think that our pay should be the same.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

woman was made from man's rib to be close to his heart to be loved by him and under his arm to be protected by him.
^^this! So much this^^
You dont mind if I borrow that do yah? Cynthia could use some cheering up after she found out someone was claming her artwork as theirs.

Equal rights should be just that, including equal pay. Still there's women in higher positions making more money than us.

The person at the extension 5282 is not available, please leave a message after the tone.
TOOOONE!
The mail box is full, you cannot leave a message. Get outta here!

That's a feminist auto reply tone :D

It's not mine. I heard or read that many years back and this discussion jogged it from my memory. It think there's more to it but that's the part that I personally believe in.

As for equal pay for equal work, I'm all for it. If they're qualified and can do the job, more power to them. There's nothing wrong with women in the workforce and in the military. It's just now moving from an untapped reserve to a force to be reckoned with. They can kick your cajones out the top of your head and smile oh so sweetly all the while.

I have worked for several women in the past and currently for one really sharp cookie. We do about the same thing as far as managing properties but she has the over all responsibility for all of them. Her boss is the owner of all of them and he treats her like she is irreplaceable. She's paid very well and has a suite custom tailored for her. On or off the job she is the Queen of the one line zingers.

Another great example is a lady that hired me as a subcontractor at an alarm company. I met her through the monitoring service she managed . Our systems called in to there. Tall slender and sexy as all get out. And smart. She bailed from there to start her own alarm company and I went with her. Made killer money and the work was steady enough. She was also president of the state wide fire and alarm association.

To be honest I'd rather work for a woman. They're a lot of fun to work for. There's no guessing what's going on in their mind which gives you an edge. They don't let just anybody see that so if you do, you're lucky and don't blow it.

Verdict:

Equal pay for both genders is justice, as long as they do the same thing.

Men and women are not equal, but they are also not inferior to each other; e.g. they are different.

Or am I missing something?

This morning I had to go to the courthouse downtown and it's been a long time since I've been downtown. On my way I ran into construction sites all over downtown. WTH, Detours left and right til I finally got back on track.

Found a parking lot right across from the courthouse and the fees, WTH? $10 for 30 minutes or $15 for 8 hrs. I only had a $20 so I bought the spot for 12 hours.

When I left I got lost til I saw a familiar street name and turned on it. Drove for a while before I realized I'm going the wrong way. DUH.

Turned on a familiar street name and drove til I saw a familiar place. Now I know where I'm at and got home then.

Damn construction sites all over the places, sheez.

Construction detours and such are certainly a nuisance but I always look at it this way, if there's lots of construction going on, the local economy must be in pretty good shape.

Changing subjects here, don't want to make 2 posts.

I've mentioned in this thread that we are in the process of moving. We've had a garage sale to divest ourselves of as much stuff as possible plus we've taken a number of trips to the dump. We are trying to pare things down to where we only need to do one trip to move to our new place. It's about 137 miles one way. Not cross country but far enough that I don't want to go back and forth. Too much work, too much stuff!

As an example of some of the hoops I have been jumping thru, I just called a buddy of mine that has some coffins (real, used as Halloween props) stored in my barn. I talked to him a week ago and asked him to come get them but they're still there. We are scheduled to move this coming Saturday so I told him to come get them by then.

Back
Top Bottom