Random Chit Chat

We don't go that far too often. Usually we're pretty reserved so the powers that be let us get by. We "spice" some comments but don't go on like drunken sailors.
I guess when the merger takes place our self policing will go out the window. I think a language filter is for children not for mature adults.

What about adult who are not mature?

Kinda like me?

Oh it's everyone else that'll have to keep an eye on you :D

Had a post a while back which I swore in, it got removed and I got a warning :( I've behaved from then :flowers:

That aircon unit is huge! In the UK we tend to just have central heating in the house because more often than not it's too cold, not too hot!

We don't go that far too often. Usually we're pretty reserved so the powers that be let us get by. We "spice" some comments but don't go on like drunken sailors.
I guess when the merger takes place our self policing will go out the window. I think a language filter is for children not for mature adults.

Nah. Self-policing is preferred. With tech the participants tend to be younger and thus have not yet established the restraint normally found in older, more mature individuals. That, coupled with the anonymity of the internet, can make for some very ugly "discussions" but especially with powder keg topics like politics or religion. The sex discussions are not as bad until they degenerate into bathroom humor or get gross. Discussions on all of them still happen but we tend to watch them very carefully.

The profanity filter is in place to try to keep the site to a more professional level.

Nah. Self-policing is preferred. With tech the participants tend to be younger and thus have not yet established the restraint normally found in older, more mature individuals. That, coupled with the anonymity of the internet, can make for some very ugly "discussions" but especially with powder keg topics like politics or religion. The sex discussions are not as bad until they degenerate into bathroom humor or get gross. Discussions on all of them still happen but we tend to watch them very carefully.

The profanity filter is in place to try to keep the site to a more professional level.

I've seen some very argumentative and immature older individuals, and some younger ones who have been comparatively docile and mature. Depends on the individual rather than the age I think.

Back
Top Bottom