Random Chit Chat

Its good, Only thing is if we are working on clients job's and need to download drivers and updates it takes a bit to get started since IT Services changed some in the proxy so that downloads will time out which is annoying but once they are downloading its no problem. So that we don't get any problems we are trying to replace all our switches and AP's with gigabit switches to maximize speeds and performance, The only non gigabit equipment still in use would be in our hardware lab and a resource room.

Last edited:
Mine required a new modem that's capable of 10/100/1000 Mbps. My old modem could not do more than 15 Mbps.

I've thought of buying my own modem but the model I have sells for $285 so at $8/mo rental it'll take 3 years to pay off. I'm better off just renting it and if it breaks I'm not in a hole as I'll get a replacement free. :)

What I've thought of doing even though at home I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near as good speeds is to run a long Ethernet cable through the roof from my laptop to the router to which has gigabit ports to try and get a better speed. I currently connect to an a wireless Netgear extender through 10/100 Mbps Ethernet which is alright.

Wow damn guys! That's some awesome net! :D

So here's a little random update for me as why I've been absent the last few weeks. I was at a really low point as you know, I was having job problems, had problems with my fiance, typical no fun things lol. Anyway, since then I have a job which for the most part I love it. I've always enjoyed goign to work on a schedule. Makes me feel like I'm doing my role in life. My bosses are great so far. Tomorrow marks the 2nd week of working there. Now for the news that really brought me up, and keeps me going, everything worked out with my fiance. We had a rough spot ( obviously ) and just after we had an arguement she lost contact with me for exactly a month. Partially I will admit being my fault, as she said shes not leaving me, just upset, but when I never heard anything I assumed she left me. Everything was explained and fixed and made well. Shes not going anywhere and all is well between us. I get on the forum at work when I can, and I also still work as a cook a few after noons and sundays, so that's locked down my schedule too. Hope all is well with everyone here :)

Glad it all worked out. :thumb:

Here is just same o same o. Tomorrow I'll get injections at the pain clinic so I'll be back on my feet soon. :)

Yeah, my insurance gave me a runaround over this over a year ago. They deemed it was unnecessary and we went to court over it. I lost.

Now I have Medicare and I'm getting 'em. :)

That's Medicaid for ya. Now I have both Medicaid and Medicare.

Just got back from the injections. Only my neck this time but wow, it felt like torture. I was so tense from the pain that each nurse had to grab my hands and pull down on them. I received 4 injections in my neck.

Whew it's over and I feel a lot better but I'll be sore for a while.

Back
Top Bottom