Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #19071
Golden Master

Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
I am so tired of going to the hospital. I cannot afford dental care, as right now what they want to do is remove every tooth in my head and replace with dentures. The cheapest place that would do it charges $9000 USD, and I shopped around.
Just got back from the hospital. Jawline abcess (AKA Infection in the gum). I resisted for as long as I could, hoping that it would go away. It just keped swelling and hurting more each day to the point that I had to get it fixed.
Blah!
Man that sucks. I was supposed to go into hospital last June or July (Can't remember which one) to have some dental work done but rang up sick and am now back on the waiting list. I am grateful that I live in a country where we have access to free healthcare..

Old 01-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #19072
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Man that sucks. I was supposed to go into hospital last June or July (Can't remember which one) to have some dental work done but rang up sick and am now back on the waiting list. I am grateful that I live in a country where we have access to free healthcare..
I am glad for you for that. I wish we had free healthcare. I know it would be an inconvience to those who can afford it, but it is horrible to those of us who cant.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #19073
Golden Master

Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123

Wasn't there talk of Obama introducing free healthcare?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #19074
Fully Optimized

Yeah, what happened to that?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #19075
Fully Optimized

I am working on that. I really have no idea. I hear that they want to start charging for everyone, even if you do not use it, but I will know more about that once I get my ID, SScard and my Birth Cert. Until then, I really dont know.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #19076
Fully Optimized

I'm fortunate enough to live in a country with a pretty fantastic health care system. People often criticise the NHS, but in my experience, plus with my friends and family, they've been excellent pretty much every time!

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #19077
Fully Optimized

Well, I do wish to be fair.
I have over a $148,000 US hospitable bill because of multiple surgerys and plenty of visits that they must and will take care of. That being said, the hospitals that I have been to have no interest if your case is not threatining your life. So, they respond by giving you a script for antibiotics (in my case) and if you are somewhat lucky, somthing stronger than you can get at home for pain. That depends on how much pain you are in, and good luck trying to lie to them. They have told me how they knew that I was not lieing, and that was due to blood pressure, heart rate, and other things.

Ok, off on a tangent, now away from it. Health care is free if you stand a chance of dieing of it. Again, several surgeries that I have had confirm. But that doesnt mean free forever, and for me personally, nothing will pay for having the dental care that I need. (Not posting a pic, but I will say that my teeth and gums are rotting due to a defect in birth.). The last person that I talked too, and this was the most cheep dentist I could find who would not even put me to sleep for this, wanted $9000 USD. With no way to cover that kind of cost, I had to continue on my way.
And yes, I have tried Baler Dintial Colledge ( Cannot spell their name right.) But what they told me was that I would be on a 6 month waiting list, and even then it would only cover things that their students can handle.
I am guessing that it doesnt cover anyone whom needs to be put to sleep, and have every tooth removed along with gum cleaning, antibotics, and god knows what else.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #19078
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Wasn't there talk of Obama introducing free healthcare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
Yeah, what happened to that?
It was never supposed to be free, just became mandatory that you buy it. I as a single (in terms of marriage) guy am also required to have a plan that covers the birth control pill - just in case I wanna take that...

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #19079
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
It was never supposed to be free, just became mandatory that you buy it. I as a single (in terms of marriage) guy am also required to have a plan that covers the birth control pill - just in case I wanna take that...
Are you in the US?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #19080
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
Are you in the US?
yup, one of the few that paid attention before it passed and saw it never promised free anything.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote