Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #19061
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Wow! That is fun to watch!

Old 01-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #19062
Fully Optimized

I am so tired of going to the hospital. I cannot afford dental care, as right now what they want to do is remove every tooth in my head and replace with dentures. The cheapest place that would do it charges $9000 USD, and I shopped around.
Just got back from the hospital. Jawline abcess (AKA Infection in the gum). I resisted for as long as I could, hoping that it would go away. It just keped swelling and hurting more each day to the point that I had to get it fixed.
Blah!

Old 01-27-2015, 04:02 AM   #19063
Fully Optimized

Damn... that sucks. I am sorry to hear that.
It's soo sad that the US don't give out free healthcare. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #19064
Fully Optimized

Free healthcare would be nice.
They gave me a script for Antibiotics and a weak (but worthwhile) painkiller, so even though its just a bandaid for the problem, it will at least help.
EDIT: Sorry, I should have said thank you. Its nice to know that people care.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #19065
Fully Optimized

Once everything is solved (IE: I get my identity back, and get rid of all of these crap teeth), I want to become a public speaker at schools. It IS possible to take your life back. It IS possible to win against some of the worst afflictions that can happen to someone. I lost a large amount of my eyesite, but through computers that doesnt matter. I am having to learn how to walk without eyesite, and though there is no exact fix (Glasses do not work) for my problem, I believe that when I learn enough about hardware I can combine the Rift with a couple of web cams and a computer to be able to get a majority of my problems with my site fixed.

I will admit that there have always been times when I thought about the worst case. Dont ever do that. No matter how bad you have it, there are people who have it worse. I thank god that I have the support (Both family, and the friends that I have made here) to get through all of this.

And that is what (excluding the god part, as I am not an advocate of pushing religion) I would like to talk to kids about. The things that are important in life. You NEVER give up your fight. I would say that there are people who cannot eat because of budget, but everyone knows that. Just dont give up. I can also talk about tobbaco addiction, because unlike the PSA's that most people in the US are used to, I have been through it, got over it, and know exactly what happens.

Again, this is planned for the future, but I plan to be a success, and refuse to accept anything less. You must activly fight. And in a constantly changing future and evolving government, that will not be easy. Anyone looking for easy shouldnt even bother.

Sorry... spitting this onto the forum because I thought people might want to hear it.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #19066
Fully Optimized

Sorry to know about your troubles man

Be strong. It's just a spice to life to appreciated it (life) more. We have a saying here that translates to "no one knows the value of health better than the sick". It could also imply that when the sick get healthy, they feel the beauty if health and appreciate it.

Bless you
Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #19067
Fully Optimized

Thank you.
And bless you as well!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:48 AM   #19068
Fully Optimized

Cool

Oh, and guys, remember, your father and mother are more important than your parents.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #19069
Fully Optimized

I think I'm gonna have California Shrimp Salad for lunch, no tomato, no dressing.

And tomato is vegetable!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #19070
Fully Optimized

Sound good to me. Not going to respond to the "Tomato is vegetable!" comment.