Random Chit Chat

I wonder how alcohol tastes. Does it taste sweet? In the movies I see them make upset faces like I do when I drink soda quickly. Does it burn like soda?

You've never had alcohol? I remember when I was in the middle east, it was illegal... but we found plenty! haha.

It really depends on the alcohol and the 'proof,' or the percent of pure alcohol. For example, that scotch was 43% alcohol (86 proof). There are alcohols like Everclear that are 95% alcohol (190 proof). That drastically changes how harsh it is to drink. The scotch, for example, is pretty rough (to me, again not a drinker), so a sip burns on the way down. Everclear? Forget it, that's like drinking gasoline! But I had some 'deep south hick' friends in the Military that loved it.

Other alcohols aren't as bad. Tuaca is probably my favorite. It's a very smooth italian liquor. Tastes very citrus'y with a hint of vanilla.

All depends on the type (rum, whiskey, etc) of alcohol, and the purity (20% vs 60%) that determines how smoothly it goes down.

Last edited:
You should really try it smart guy. It's great. I am actually having a beer right now, no joking.
Is it still illegal to drink in Saudi Arabia?

Yeah, it is illegal here in Saudi Arabia :)

Generally speaking, their strict law will back fire at them at some point. But to be honest, I'm glad alcohol is not allowed here.

The reason I don't drink is my ideals (religious and the possible effects of alcohol on society and both mentally and physically), but that's just me tho. Otherwise there are so many illegal things, including alcohol, that can be acquired, not to mention having a short trip to do whatever I like if I wanted to (don't tell my mom please :D)

The wine I see in the movies, especially medieval/historical ones, seems like it tastes sweet. The wine Vikings drink out of those horn made cups gives me the impression it tastes like honey. Does such an alcohol with such taste exist? I love honey :D

Don't know of any wine honey mix. But there is a honey based alcoholic drink called "mead"
I think you will like that.

Doesn't it look delicious?
ChaucerMead_braggot_.jpg

That looks really good, kinda like a beverage we have here called Saudi Champagne:

3524102167_902c044f7c.jpg

Non alcoholic and is based on a drink called Rauch:
3111245.jpg

with some fresh fruits; i.e. apple, lemon and mint, mixed with it as vaguely seen on the first pic.

It does have a burning taste due to the carbonated water and apple as main ingredient. And I love it :D

Um, I don't think I'm up to it, drinking alcohol I mean. I'm not really that religious, but there are some religious stuff I feel bad breaking. It is kinda like having made a serious promise then breaking it. I'd like to be known as a man of my word :)

I respect that. Good luck keeping the promise.
I would break it in an instant a beer was served for me ^^

Does any of you guys use the "Right Column" as it's called.
That annoying right bar with "recent thread" and "popular tags" that takes out 1/4 of the screen? just curious if you find it useful.
(i have deactivated it)

I respect that. Good luck keeping the promise.
I would break it in an instant a beer was served for me ^^

Does any of you guys use the "Right Column" as it's called.
That annoying right bar with "recent thread" and "popular tags" that takes out 1/4 of the screen? just curious if you find it useful.
(i have deactivated it)

I actually use it. It's nice to easily find out if someone made a post in a topic that you forgot about. I never use the popular tags though.

^^ This is my answer.

Just ordered this. My PC is in desperate need of it!

I have the Deepcool Winner D988 WINNER D988 DEEPCOOL CPU COOLER, When I upgraded my CPU using the existing stock cooler it was getting hot so I brought this and it works great. The Hyper Evo 212 is still a very good budget cooler.

I maybe upgrading my motherboard to an Asus Commando Republic of Gamers motherboard so I can have 8GB of ram Motherboards - Commando - ASUS. Maybe old but I'll be happy..

Back
Top Bottom