Random Chit Chat

I was trying to make it work for me like Microsoft intended without a start menu.
I ended up downloading classic shell. works wonders.
Still happy with win8 tough.

So the only tweaks i have used is a third party start menu and i have disable ribbons and all hot corners.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

And a nice theme to top it off.

screen capture

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I really like Windows 8... you have to get used to it that's for sure. Once you're comfortable with it though, I think it is much better.

That said however, I paid good money for my gaming rig... and gaming on 8 blows, so switching back to 7 was more of a necessary step to maximize performance.

iPwn:
I haven't played any games on it yet. I hope i don't run into too much trouble.
How long sense you switched back to Win7 on your gaming machine?
Updates might have fixed or improved it.

Re: Free Microsoft Ebooks

My Retort Options:

As a member of the staff: No violation of the Rules, therefore no problem

As a member who likes visiting the forum to interact with other members on more than just random links and useless posts: Yes, Problem

In all honesty though; the constant creation of new threads for every article you come by should be moved into the RCC thread.

Bit of Sarcasm!

Re: Free Microsoft Ebooks

Merge it into RCC then..

ALRIGHTYTHEN.gif

I haven't played any games on it yet. I hope i don't run into too much trouble.

It's unlikely you'll have trouble but it is likely that you'll notice a difference in the ability of the hardware to produce the same graphical output, under the same circumstances.

How long sense you switched back to Win7 on your gaming machine?
Updates might have fixed or improved it.

I had Win8 a month prior to launch through a school download. The launch day I changed it back. Someone made the same suggestion about updates, so I reinstalled 8 in January. After having enough slow and laggy games, I went back to 7 a month ago.

8 is on my work PC, and my personal school/work Lenovo. Great for multitasking, but not gaming unfortunately.

f171c8ef7977a91ccee17c76aa261adf29bc454e1b380eccd5226edf9363ebaa.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom