Random Chit Chat

needless to say i was extremely late leaving class yesterday when my laptop started doing updates without warning when I was shutting down then started doing the restarting thing so I just closed the lid and shoved it in my bag (not good for cooling) and had to just leave when I got home it still said restarting. This is super annoying

Quite often after I wake the computer up from hibernation some programs just immediately crash or just freeze that didn't in win 8 rtm then i have to just do a restart anyway. I like to hibernate the computer at night just so I don't have the noise and a fast boot when I wake up the next day.

Is anyone else noticing their computers acting weird and unstable after updating from windows 8 to 8.1? I know it's not a problem with any one of my computers since it happens both on my laptop and desktop. After updating from windows 8 to 8.1[...]

The driver translation for some both specific and generic hardware changed. Get latest drivers for what you can and that (IME) should fix it.

So the IT department has decided that they want to buy the DVD drives out of our computers to get the extra 8GB of ram we need. If anyone asks why we can't do it well the computers aren't ours and we can't buy it out of own budget since these new computers probably blew the budget. They've stuffed us around with trying to get the new ram a lot. The only thing we can do is use our own custom image since we don't use their image or their network. We only use their network to get out onto the internet, We used to use our own proxy but were forced to change back to theirs and we use our internal proxy to access our local sites and shares.

Last edited:
So the IT department has decided that they want to buy the DVD drives out of our computers to get the extra 8GB of ram we need. If anyone asks why we can't do it well the computers aren't ours and we can't buy it out of own budget since these new computers probably blew the budget. They've stuffed us around with trying to get the new ram a lot. The only thing we can do is use our own custom image since we don't use their image or their network. We only use their network to get out onto the internet, We used to use our own proxy but were forced to change back to theirs and we use our internal proxy to access our local sites and shares.

:blink:

Sometime your ramblings just confuse the heck out of me. It's early here, maybe I need more coffee....:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom