Random Chit Chat

Haha. Where as that works. It also creates a fear in the dog of something that you hold. It might not seem obvious, but that is the only reason the dog settles down, because he is afraid. There is a technique, that you "Bite" the dog which creates respect, not fear and works better. How you do this, well it's hard to explain hand position.. But you turn your hand ubside down, and form your 3 middleish fingers in a bit of a curve. As to form a dog snout I suppose. And then on the dog, you just lightly ( little more than a tap, little less than a hit) hit them right behind either one of the front legs with the tip of your hand ( now shaped like a snout ). So if you're looking at the dog sideways, look at it's front leg, and then just right behind the leg. Not on the leg, on the body. This is what Alpha dogs do to show each other whose boss, and when we as humans do this, it doesn't hurt at all. They just really don't enjoy it and it shows them exactly who's boss. This is best done when they don't listen. Like our dogs, if they go barking and we say no, if they keep on going, we do this. And after time they will listen with 0 punishment needed. Even if your dog is the Alpha male/Female, this will still teach them that you are in charge, and they will for sure treat you with much more respect. I'm not telling you how to treat your dogs, I'm just telling you the way I and my mother do it as i've been training, raising, selling dogs since I could walk. My mother has been doing it for 23 years. So this is just my opinion with experience, and if you ask other real professional dog trainers, (ceasar milan) THey will tell you the same. Just my 2 cents worth ^^ :)

As long as he's not barking.... ;)

Plus it's not my dog. Dogs are too much work and I can say that I would not be a good trainer/owner and so will never have one of my own.

I am not a cat person either, Cat's and I don't get along. I hate their claws and they can be so lazy. The last time we had cats well the first one was feral and kept escaping the house and decided the lady up the road was his new owner then our second cat was feral and kept escaping and wouldn't come back for awhile at times then a last cat was a ragdoll which are lazy cats and had kittens, It was Mum's birthday and we were headed out to lunch and my sister was in her room getting ready then hears a meowing sound then pulls a baby rocker from out under the bed and there was 6 or 7 kittens their with the mother and she screamed and cried. After that we re-homed them all but one was sick and had to be put down. The mother of cats started to try and escape to obviously find the father. We think she got pregnant when she escaped and we had to the back neighbors house and find her.
responsible owners spay their pets!

Haha. Where as that works. It also creates a fear in the dog of something that you hold. It might not seem obvious, but that is the only reason the dog settles down, because he is afraid. There is a technique, that you "Bite" the dog which creates respect, not fear and works better. How you do this, well it's hard to explain hand position.. But you turn your hand ubside down, and form your 3 middleish fingers in a bit of a curve. As to form a dog snout I suppose. And then on the dog, you just lightly ( little more than a tap, little less than a hit) hit them right behind either one of the front legs with the tip of your hand ( now shaped like a snout ). So if you're looking at the dog sideways, look at it's front leg, and then just right behind the leg. Not on the leg, on the body. This is what Alpha dogs do to show each other whose boss, and when we as humans do this, it doesn't hurt at all. They just really don't enjoy it and it shows them exactly who's boss. This is best done when they don't listen. Like our dogs, if they go barking and we say no, if they keep on going, we do this. And after time they will listen with 0 punishment needed. Even if your dog is the Alpha male/Female, this will still teach them that you are in charge, and they will for sure treat you with much more respect. I'm not telling you how to treat your dogs, I'm just telling you the way I and my mother do it as i've been training, raising, selling dogs since I could walk. My mother has been doing it for 23 years. So this is just my opinion with experience, and if you ask other real professional dog trainers, (ceasar milan) THey will tell you the same. Just my 2 cents worth ^^ :)

so rather than annoy the dog by spraying with a little water, you suggest that you should hit the dog?

these are all forms of negative re-enforcement...

the biting method especially is not only negative re-enforcement nut supposed to show dominance.

which of course works because in nature what happens is once a creature is bested it never makes another bid to be alpha/pack leader.?

oh wait, yeah, lions/dogs/deer/cats etc fight for dominant positions all the time in nature...

but truely organised packs find alpha leaders through a more social means, because dogs are more social animals.

Dominance in nature is about the right to eat and breed and sit where and when you want. I.e I'm bigger, so get out the way because I want to eat that now.
I feel like mating so you better feel like it too
I want that woman, and I will have her.

it's pretty rare that humans want to eat the same as a dog, or want to mate with things that the dogs would be interested in mating with...

Critics Challenge 'Dog Whisperer' Methods | LiveScience

that article, probably explains it better, with links from researchers etc.

whilst Ceasar Milan looks really impressive on TV, those behavioural correction techniques of asserting dominance and negative re-enforcement (step out of line and I'll beat you, or slap your legs/shout/make a loud noise or otherwise show you who's boss and assert my alpha status) are usually not shown to produce particularly "happy" animals, and often don't have long lasting affects.

Whilst more positive methods, treat/reward based training strategies often are shown to imprint a better behaviour/more longer lasting etc... as well as "happier" animals...

Good Dogs Do Bite: Training Advice from the *Real* Dog Whisperer - Forbes

same as you. just a 2c, but it says that many other dog trainers and scientist etc don't believe in this technique.

I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old son....talk about fighting them for the Alpha male in the house. :rofl:

Yet another reason a dog would just get ignored and/or get in the way in my house. I'm trying to "train" two young boys how to act, last thing I need is a dog to train as well.

I want this:
reset.png

I want this:
reset.png

Those signs are cool, I wish they'd actually implement them.

Grandparents made a bad choice and got a new HP laptop with windows 8, Has an AMD A6 CPU, 12GB ram and 750GB. Tried explaining to them not to use norton or trend micro or internet explorer as that's confusing for them so I put chrome and avast on like on their old laptop.

Back
Top Bottom