Here goes my sixth attempt at posting this. The image attachment function is no longer working on mobile, and photobucket is becoming increasingly useless (It now takes over a minute for the android app to display my uploaded pictures, if it does so at all.) I finally gave up and booted my computer just to make this post, so at least it should finally go through now. Anyway, here's what I was going to say:
It was four degrees most of last night, so I decided to give the glue another day to fully cure. If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow, I'll remove the braces and get started putting the second half together. For now, I flipped it over and got another picture.
Definitely not pretty with all that adhesive smeared everywhere, but it should still work okay. I'm going to try cleaning it up a bit with sandpaper before applying varnish. Excuse the mess in the background. I had to shuffle things around to make room to work.
EDIT: Also, it seems the bayou cleanup group I work with got featured on the local news on Saturday. Maybe we'll be getting more help now. Link.