Random Chit Chat

Middle East is in the second lowest group. Highly expected. With the mentalities we have here, it is indeed highly expected.

If you go to a devil park Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park and many other places. You may have heard about the facial tumour so the population for them isn't very big but there are a lot of breeding programs.

I could swear I commented on that. Weird.

Knowing WB's Taz, I can't imagine it is endangered. Thanks to Bugs Bunny, I guess.

Just googled this facial disease. Poor little things.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that in 10 short days I'll be 61. I sure don't feel like I'm getting on up in years. I guess I could attribute that to just staying busy. Thankfully EVERY thing still works like it supposed to.

I find it hard to believe that in 10 short days I'll be 61. I sure don't feel like I'm getting on up in years. I guess I could attribute that to just staying busy. Thankfully EVERY thing still works like it supposed to.

Happy early birthday dood.

Sir/Ma'am,

I feel like I owe you an apology and some where some how I was rude to you.

I apologize if that was true.

Now that I know you're like 2x my age, I'll be extremely careful.

Is there a cake that can take 61 candles?

Smart_Guy said:
Is there a cake that can take 61 candles?

At that point, I'd just light the whole thing on fire. :lol:

I finally managed to get the demon freewheel off my bike. Only took several months. For those who don't remember my ramblings from back when this started, I had an electic bike with one of those cheapo "pheasant" brand freewheels that was pretty much fused to the hub. In typical China fashion, they didn't bother to put any sort of socket for a removal tool. (Apparently you're supposed to throw the whole bike away and buy a new one if it wears out.) The centermost piece was pressed down to form a lip over the bearing cone, so I couldn't even unscrew that. What I finally did was take a diamond file (the thing was harder than any steel files or hacksaw blades i had) and work at that lip for a few hours. Then I took a chisel and hammered it into the gap, prying the bearing cone off. Then I had to go to a friend's house and put the last piece into a bench vise to get it unscrewed. The results make it so worthwhile though. With the new 16t freewheel, I can get to 25MPH without pedaling. If I spin like crazy, 30 is possible. I'll probably swap the pedal side freewheel next, so I can keep up more easily.The smallest sprocket on the current cluster is 14t. Apparently a few with 11t are available, so I think I'll try that. Or I might change the chainrings out.

^ That performance was killer!

Speaking of killer, the Aussies in the house will appreciate this one.
a44RoVv_460s_v1.jpg

I got to play with an oculus rift dev kit yesterday. It's pretty neat as a proof of concept, but nothing more. It's 720p, but due to the way the lensing works, it felt like gameboy resolution. The pixels right in the center of the screen appear to be enormous, but the ones farther out seem to get smaller. It did fill a lot more of my vision than I expected, and the motion tracking was pretty decent and responsive (though there was a little bit of lag.) It only mapped rotation though, so that felt a bit odd. There was also a lot of chromatic abberation from the lenses. I lasted about five minutes before becoming severely nauseated and dizzy.

Overall, it's pretty cool though, and definitely has potential if they keep developing it. I would not suggest buying one unless they get the resolution to at least 2560x1440. Even then, it'll still be pretty pixelated looking, but I think that'd be the point where it doesn't completely break the experience anymore. Keep in mind that what I used was just the dev kit, not the finished product, so we'll see how it improves before the consumer launch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom