Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #17781
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,031
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

The quality isn't all that great and wonderful but you get the idea.



Click the url link and then go full screen.
__________________

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #17782
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Life:
Awww. That's Soooo CUTE.
__________________

__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 512GB - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #17783
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Passive 3D is far better than active in my experience. 60Hz per eye (from a 120hz monitor) just isn't fast enough. It just makes everything flicker like crazy. If they had one that was actually 240Hz, that'd probably solve this problem. I don't think that's available for computers though.
Feedback appreciated.

No experience with passive 3D yet.
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #17784
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,224
Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So my grandparents who aren't very good with technology have just decided to switch from mobile broadband to wireless ADSL, So I'll have to go over when the modem arrives and set it up I don't even think they knew what they signed up for and then my grandfather has decided to switch has mobile phone back to his original telco after switching before and getting a new phone. Also had printer troubles as they have two printers as my grandfather is always scanning or printing out photos or documents for the local golf club. They also find it to understand things without me over complicating it and explaining it in the most simplest way possible..

On another note my quest for finding employment maybe over soon as I have a job interview coming up on Tuesday and then have an EEG on the Wednesday then a sleep study next month..
__________________
See all my PC spec's here https://bit.ly/1lWAJhz
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #17785
In Runtime
 
TheCrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 116
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

My life keeps on getting better and better. About 3 three years ago, i was working in a dead end job as a security guard and out of the blue i have re-united with my mother (whom i haven't seen or talked too in almost 16-17 years). Present day, living in Vancouver Canada and living that good life like there is no tomorrow.
TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #17786
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

The re-union (if this is a correct English expression) with your mother is probably the reason good things happened.

"Those who are truly good, are those good to their families."

Smart_Guy 8:51
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #17787
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
The re-union (if this is a correct English expression) with your mother is probably the reason for good things.

"Those who are truly good, are those good to their families."

Smart_Guy 8:51
It is, but the hyphen is unnecessary. "Reunion" would be the correct spelling.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #17788
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Cool, Thanks.

Noted with appreciation.
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #17789
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

I'm going to move our conversation here from the "rate my avatar" thread, since we've gone way off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
It's ok. These are only thoughts. When it comes to good, thoughts count, provided the intention is honest, but when it comes to bad, thoughts don't count unless the bad is practically done. This is part of our teachings.

Don't blame them, they are probably worried about their loved ones. Including you.
Eh. I wish it was like that. I've pretty much been rejected by most of my family. They dislike a lot more than middle eastern people, and I happen to fall into one of their targeted groups. I guess you could say it's because they care about me, but the reality is more that they care about their imaginary version of who I should be, rather than who I actually am. I hope that makes sense.

Either way, I tend to avoid those who are outright hateful to other people for no reason. Even if they don't do anything directly harmful, I have no interest in being surrounded by that type of person. I'm definitely not one of those over-sensitive/politically correct type people either, but having to sit through Christmas dinner while listening to family members rant about how "the niggers" are destroying the country while most of the table sits there nodding in agreement just isn't enjoyable.

Quote:
Btw, I never knew of those celebrations until recently (about a month ago) when someone not in favor of Islam told me about it. Do they take place in Iraq? Or maybe Syria? Possibly in Saudi Arabia (big country)?
It was an isolated group in Palestine. Some footage got to the American media and they kept showing it without giving proper context. Over the years, it's been exaggerated more and more in people's minds.

Quote:
Try showing them some of Yusuf Estes's youtube videos. He's an American Muslim who used to be a pastor. His way is convincing.
Yeah, we're talking about people who are willfully ignorant here. There's no video I could show them that would change their minds. As I said above, I don't even have contact with most of these people anymore. I just used that anecdote to give some context to what I was saying.

Quote:
Seen all youtube links you posted. Loved them. The Cajun dialect is new to me. Sound to me like the Cockney dialect in parts of London.
Interesting. It actually gets more intense than those video, but I couldn't find any examples. There's some people who I can't understand at all.

Quote:
Yup, just downloaded the first episodes of some of them. Magi S2 continuing is a very good news. The first season was great. Some of what I really like to have continued is Gantz and Berserk in the first anime style.

I've seen Monster and loved it. I'm a little picky in many things like the main character(s). Certain specs are needed for certain genres. Don't like weak boys as main characters in action shows for example. If you like psy. stuff, try Technolyze. English dubbing was done very well on it as well.
Texhnolyze was good. It's by some of the same people as Lain, so you'll probably like that. Lain was way better though. Just be prepared to be very confused for a while.

Quote:
Actually, it is 70% Batman 20% Superman and the Flash and 10% the rest of them all.

In other words, Batman is what I first look for. His latest movies were top notch, specially Batman Year One and Batman under the Red Hood. Lots of drama too. Contents are becoming more like those of live action movies. Now blood and violence are presented unlike what we knew about WB as kids.

Justice League the Flashpoint was great too, specially that Batman was presented in a very different way. The main character is the Flash, but Batman was a secondary just a little less important character.
I don't know anything about these, so no idea what to say. haha.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #17790
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I'm going to move our conversation here from the "rate my avatar" thread, since we've gone way off topic.
Good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post

Eh. I wish it was like that. I've pretty much been rejected by most of my family. They dislike a lot more than middle eastern people, and I happen to fall into one of their targeted groups. I guess you could say it's because they care about me, but the reality is more that they care about their imaginary version of who I should be, rather than who I actually am. I hope that makes sense.

Either way, I tend to avoid those who are outright hateful to other people for no reason. Even if they don't do anything directly harmful, I have no interest in being surrounded by that type of person. I'm definitely not one of those over-sensitive/politically correct type people either, but having to sit through Christmas dinner while listening to family members rant about how "the niggers" are destroying the country while most of the table sits there nodding in agreement just isn't enjoyable.
Point taken.

Sorry to hear that. Dunno what to say, but God bless you.

Try telling them to at least not talk about it in your presence or on happy occasions of family gathering and it is okay to keep believing what they want.

Try not to take it too seriously and bother yourself with it. Just act like you never heard it and enjoy the occasion. Ain't easy I know but try to adapt if things are always like this. Everyone have similar problems. Wow, I'm a doctor now

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post

It was an isolated group in Palestine. Some footage got to the American media and they kept showing it without giving proper context. Over the years, it's been exaggerated more and more in people's minds.
Where they distinguished as Palestinians and not Israelis? (just putting possibilities here, nothing against Israeli civilians)

Anyway, this is bad. Muslims have enough bad reputation already as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Yeah, we're talking about people who are willfully ignorant here. There's no video I could show them that would change their minds. As I said above, I don't even have contact with most of these people anymore. I just used that anecdote to give some context to what I was saying.
I c. I had some hope there. Lets hope it stays as thoughts only. Lets have some fun; watch this video with attempts to burn free Qura'ans:
free Qurans to burn for "Burn a Quran Day" - YouTube
Don't worry, it is not offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Interesting. It actually gets more intense than those video, but I couldn't find any examples. There's some people who I can't understand at all.
The older ones I believe. They stick more to traditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post

Texhnolyze was good. It's by some of the same people as Lain, so you'll probably like that. Lain was way better though. Just be prepared to be very confused for a while.
I'll sure give it a try. Thanks for the recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post

I don't know anything about these, so no idea what to say. haha.
Have a quick look. You might like it:





Action on these is way much better than in anime. Smoother and real, not just flashes and screams.
__________________

__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0