Random Chit Chat

Foothead, nice to see you back. Now there's no chance for the rest of us to win the photography contest.... :lol:

I've always been a quality over quanity kind of guy ;)

Plus I now have 2 kids, and my work is busier than it's ever been. I think I went 3 months without making a post. Last week was the first time I actually looked through the all of the forum.... :lol:

I've always been a quality over quanity kind of guy ;)

Plus I now have 2 kids, and my work is busier than it's ever been. I think I went 3 months without making a post. Last week was the first time I actually looked through the all of the forum.... :lol:

I try :whistling:

Yes I had seen you come in fits and fads. Same for me, I remember you could logon to seeing a swag of threads waiting to be seen but now its like a ghost town..

Yeah? Me too. But I don't flaunt it. Wait, I fly expensive RC models so I guess I do flaunt it. Every time I fly...

It is not that I'm happy about it :(

Some times people tend to mention what bothers them so others talk to them about it. Just like you did. And it helps :)

But I won't lie, it is saving me so much trouble... and cash ;)

Nice setup Smart_Guy, Two monitors is enough for me..

Thanks.

If not for Surround/Eyefinity games, two monitors is more than enough. Spanning 2 monitors for games, if the video card allows it, would look funny. Games almost always have central point of view.

Yo Smart_Guy.
What do you think of the "2D to 3D" feature?
that's one of the reasons i am strongly considering the AS950

Description:
It looks really nice, but the picture darkens a little and some objects/sprites show ghosting effects. it also shows the true response capability of the monitor. Animation becomes very smooth in it, while simply setting the monitor to 120Hz does not do that.

Personal thoughts:
At first I thought I would stick with it forever, but I found my self neglecting it as the glasses are not comfortable and the view gives me headache. I did fully play and finish a game in it tho.

Remarks:
The side-by-side and top-bottom 3D methods work well and are better choices to avoid the limitations of darkening and ghosting, but as you probably already know, the resolution will be cut to half and it requires 3D ready material.

I hope this helps.

Umm, you do mean the SA950 and there is not another model called AS950, don't you?

Thank you. that helped. that's kinda what i expected. i have had a 3d monitor before. My dad also got headaches when trying it, but i didn't. so i think i can handle the 3D.
yeah i meant SA. typos happens.

You're most welcome.

The headache is kinda like the one you get when you cross your eyes. Dunno if it has another name in English. Or if headache has different type :)

If it is specifically for the 3D, I kinda suggest looking up the other 3D technology like the one used by LG. The glasses are lighter, don't use batteries and cheaper to replace. Just for the reference, Samsung uses Active 3D while LG and some others use Passive 3D.

But I believe, according to what I read in your posts, you chose this Samsung not specifically for 3D. Its 3D is good in its own right anyway.

Say, is your speaking skills in English same with that of writing? Danish people I met had mixed levels but I could tell some of them had difficulties. A second language (ESL) by chance?

Passive 3D is far better than active in my experience. 60Hz per eye (from a 120hz monitor) just isn't fast enough. It just makes everything flicker like crazy. If they had one that was actually 240Hz, that'd probably solve this problem. I don't think that's available for computers though.

I have something for BikerEcho.
wb30yd.jpg

1zya7iu.jpg

2e504kh.jpg

sobdjd.jpg

Enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

sobdjd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom