Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #17751
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

that's something i'll think about.

i also have a funny idea to mount my TV to the ceiling over my bed. i very rarely watch TV.
i have my computer. so that's that. but sometimes i like to lay in my bed and watch movies. it could be so awesome to lay comfortable in a sleeping position instead of having to lay uncomfortable to watch the movie sideways.
just take a look at this:

Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #17752
meh.

I did that once with a spare monitor. Made me feel so lazy. It wasn't bad, but I prefer to sit up when watching TV, so mine remains on the floor.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #17753
Golden Master

Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
that's something i'll think about.

i also have a funny idea to mount my TV to the ceiling over my bed. i very rarely watch TV.
i have my computer. so that's that. but sometimes i like to lay in my bed and watch movies. it could be so awesome to lay comfortable in a sleeping position instead of having to lay uncomfortable to watch the movie sideways.
just take a look at this:

It'd be nice to have something like that but I wouldn't want it fall and I am like Foothead prefer to sit up while watching TV in bed.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #17754
Fully Optimized

nothing wrong with being lazy once in a while

yeah it has to be a very securely setup. i also would not want a TV to fall on my head while i'm sleeping.
that would suck big time. I think me dad can make a mount for me. he is good with that kind of stuff.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #17755
Fully Optimized

Here is my setup.

Having any other thoughts?

Bezels don't really hurt on other than Surround/Eyefinity games.

Yeah, it is expensive and I'm rich. I'm not married
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #17756
Wizard of Wires

MAN FOUND CRUSHED UNDER 60" FLAT SCREEN TV.

Details are somewhat sketchy here, Tom. Friends of the victim said they had not seen him for days.
One of the forensic investigators did say that the 100 pound 60" TV had been incorrectly installed on the ceiling in the master bedroom. The anchors holding the massive TV had managed to work loose letting the TV take an 8 foot plunge in to the victims bed. Unfortunately the victim was in bed at the time it fell.
Back to you in the studio.
Thank you John. Makes you wonder why he would want to have a large screen TV hanging over his bed.
(Bubbleheaded blond weather girl) I do snicker snicker
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #17757
meh.

Quote:
nothing wrong with being lazy once in a while

yeah it has to be a very securely setup. i also would not want a TV to fall on my head while i'm sleeping.
that would suck big time. I think me dad can make a mount for me. he is good with that kind of stuff.
I'd look at off the shelf options first. The biggest point is that since it's on the ceiling, the mount has to be either one single piece or securely attached together. A lot use gravity to hold the TV onto the section that's mounted to the wall. Makes installation way easier, but it wouldn't work for you. If it's securely attached to the beams, it should be plenty strong. Do load tests first of course.

Make sure you do the cables correctly and run them through the ceiling. It shouldn't be too difficult. Run an extra HDMI cable while you're at it. Might come in handy later.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #17758
Fully Optimized

Seti: Damn.. hope that never happens to me
luckily i'll not have a 100 pound TV on the wall. properly only 25 pounds.

FootHead: yeah you are right. i'll have to really think about how i am gonna do this.
I am propperly gonna use the wall to the right of my bed to hold most (or all) the weight.

Smart guy: nice setup.
yeah those woman requires lots of money and maintaining. specially when they want kids. now that's a real life GameOver right there.

(of cause no offence to the guys here that have kids. i am sure being a dad(or mom) is worth it)
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #17759
meh.

Quote:
FootHead: yeah you are right. i'll have to really think about how i am gonna do this.
I am propperly gonna use the wall to the right of my bed to hold most (or all) the weight.
Don't do that. The most stable way would be to attach it to the ceiling joists. If it's hanging off the wall like you're saying, the whole TV is effectively out on a giant lever. It would also make the required mount much more complicated, creating extra room for failure.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #17760
Fully Optimized

Shouldn't it be like 4-5 in the morning (dawn) over there for you guys? Pulling all nighters? (if the expression works in plural).

My setup in my signature is outdated. Gotta update it.

Quote:

nice setup.
yeah those woman requires lots of money and maintaining. specially when they want kids. now that's a real life GameOver right there.

(of cause no offence to the guys here that have kids. i am sure being a dad(or mom) is worth it)
Thanks. And it makes general usage easier too.

As much as I would like to have a women by my side, it is really costly to have here and I don't wanna make it difficult for her in the least with me being not able to provide for her everything she wants. Marriage is my only option of course.