Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #17741
meh.

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
There's an error in the online formula. It states to put the cir in in feet. Then does an inch to feet conversion. That's what's throwing it off. It gives a higher mph than it really is. I nabbed another formula that gives a more accurate answer as it's consistent feet through out the equation.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Thanks for your help though. You think your math is bad, mine must really stink not to catch that error. Now I have to go back and edit my post.
That formula you linked is correct. I'm not sure where you're seeing an inch to feet conversion, since the only length units it ever uses are feet and miles. Glad I could be of help though.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #17742
Fully Optimized

Just upgraded my internet connection to ADSL2+ 16MB/1MB (Dn/Up) and rewired with CAT 6 cable.

High speed (to my needs), low latency and relatively good price.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #17743
Fully Optimized

i'm sending back my new monitor. i am not as happy with it as i had thought. it had a little backlight bleeding. also more IPS glow then i would like.
it's a too expensive monitor to have if you are not at least 95% satisfied with it.

i am buying a used 120hz 27inch samsung with only a TN full HD panel from a guy nearby for the price i gave for the one i am sending back.
i'll wait to use a big chunk of money for when OLED becomes more available on computer displays.
My dream monitor is a 27 inch 1440p (or higher) curved OLED display capable of running at 120hz. ohhh god nerd orgasm ^^
Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #17744
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
i'm sending back my new monitor. i am not as happy with it as i had thought. it had a little backlight bleeding. also more IPS glow then i would like.
it's a too expensive monitor to have if you are not at least 95% satisfied with it.

i am buying a used 120hz 27inch samsung with only a TN full HD panel from a guy nearby for the price i gave for the one i am sending back.
i'll wait to use a big chunk of money for when OLED becomes more available on computer displays.
My dream monitor is a 27 inch 1440p (or higher) curved OLED display capable of running at 120hz. ohhh god nerd orgasm ^^
What did you have before? One of the yamakasi catleaps?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #17745
Fully Optimized

No, it's s a syncmaster P2770, which i am getting a little tired of. i just have a sudden "need" to upgrade it. (i still haven't sold it yet)
so i got a PB278Q (which is a 1440p PLS monitor) absolutely beautiful image. but as i stated i was not satisfied with it when thinking about what i paid for it. i simply can't handle IPS glow, slightly too much bleed AND 2 dead pixels. all on arrival. so i am sending it back.
this other monitor i am looking at instead looks more appealing to me in price/"what you get" ratio.
it's a samsung sa950 i am looking at now.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #17746
Fully Optimized

I'm using the Samsung SA750. Almost exactly technically the same. The only differences are the DVI port, in the favor of the SA950, and the external looks.

Great monitor. Except that the bezels (frames) are not that thin for a multi-monitor setup; e.g. AMD Eyefinity and nVidia Surround. Oh, and the 1080p resolution limit.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #17747
Fully Optimized

oh great. i am not planning on having more monitors then 1. so i think i'll be fine.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #17748
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
oh great. i am not planning on having more monitors then 1. so i think i'll be fine.
You should at least give it a try. When you got your new monitor, just leave the old one atached as a secondary. It actually makes a huge difference in worflow since you're not flipping around between different windows/tabs all the time.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #17749
Fully Optimized

i once had 2 24inch monitors on my desk. yeah it did help the workflow, but right now i think it would be a little too much to 2 27 inch on my not so big desk, and i'll rather have some money for it. but yeah, i'll try it out to see what it's like with 2 27 inch monitors. ^^
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #17750
meh.

I see. You could always pick up something smaller to use as a secondary. My local thrift shop has a ton of 5:4 lcds, which make a good second monitor because they take up less desk space while still giving a decent amount of screen area.