Random Chit Chat

I'd be out of breath just putting the kick stand up...

I feel that way lately. It's so hot here in the summer, I pretty much stop riding, except to get to the store or whatever. When it cools off again, I pretty much feel like death the first couple times I attempt my normal ride (65km.) I usually end up eating aspirins halfway through because the muscle inflammation is so bad.

I feel that way lately. It's so hot here in the summer, I pretty much stop riding, except to get to the store or whatever. When it cools off again, I pretty much feel like death the first couple times I attempt my normal ride (65km.) I usually end up eating aspirins halfway through because the muscle inflammation is so bad.

I haven't rode my bike for awhile, I used to always go for rides up bush..

I'd be out of breath just putting the kick stand up...
Trololol...
That's a touring bike. You probably don't need it unless you intend to do multi-day rides with camping gear. I highly doubt you'll find it on craigslist, and even if you do, it probably won't be your frame size.

$200 for a new road bike is pretty unrealistic unless you go with a low end track bike (don't do this) or that pos "GMC" bike at walmart (again, don't do this.) The best thing to do would be to save more and go look around a few bike shops. Don't let them talk you into a fixed gear or single speed bike. You'll probably need to pay $500 or more for something new though.

The second best route would be to get something on craigslist. The problem with this route is that you need to have some knowledge about what is and isn't good, and you're on your own as far as figuring out sizing and such. You'll also pretty much have to take what you can get, especially if you need an uncommon size.

You have one more option, which is to buy a low end bike over the internet. You'll have to assemble it yourself, and you never get a chance to try it out before buying. Bikes direct has a few road bikes around $300, but they really aren't great compared to what you could get for a couple hundred more.

If you're riding a schwinn mountain bike, pretty much anything will be better. The thing is that a nice bike should last you many years, which is why you shouldn't cheap out. Think of it as an investment. You can buy a $250 bike, but it'll need much more frequent adjustment, won't ride well, and you'll probably end up replacing it as soon as you realize how much better the other options are. If you buy something good though, you'll be able to hold onto for quite a long time, and it'll turn out cheaper in the long run when you factor in how often the cheap bikes end up in the bike shop because of stupid, easily preventable issues.

PM me some contact info and we can talk on IM or something. Really, the biggest mistake you can make here is rushing into buying something without any knowledge about it. It's common for people to buy whatever looks good, and they often end up with a bike that's completely the wrong size, or something cheap that'll end up being replaced in a year.
Well. I'll explain what I want in a bike when we can talk somewhere else. Im pm'ing you my contact info now.

So I am trying to convince Mum to let me build her a custom PC because she wants to get back into playing The Sims 3 as a lot of packs she doesn't have are fairly cheap at the moment, I've already told her that I can make her a better one than one from a shop.

Fishing in Red Feather Lakes, CO, when suddenly... a moose! Was within 10 yards and about peed myself twice.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5
How has everyone been?
Hows CF been?

My most recent endeavor..

1000845_444594845638773_682686400_n.jpg

1016936_448089101956014_1704860620_n.jpg